Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I have a great admiration for the Chinese, otherwise I wouldn't have put so much effort into studying the language. Unlike you.

Word of warning: I have many contacts in Inverness. Keep this up and I'll have you banned from every Chinese takeaway in town.

Word of warning: I have many contacts in Inverness. Keep this up and I'll have you banned from every Chinese takeaway in town.

Either that or his cat will be in great danger aye?

Whilst on the subject of things Dundonian, I had the pleasure of an evening in the The Balgay Hill Bar last Friday where I was introduced to the 93 year old Jackie Butchart who played for Dundee Tangerines back in the day, so I am told.

An absolute gent who is still as fit as a butchart's dog.......... :unsure:

Jackie%20cup%20small_zpsdbijrspo.jpg

Butchart%20small_zpsvuuphuzl.jpg

I was indeed in the buff. I did consider getting up and throwing on some clothes but, as previously mentioned, feared that I had sustained spinal injuries. I weighed up the options and decided that temporary embarrassment was better than potential paralysis.

All in all, I stand by that decision.

Couldn't be that f*cking bad if you could stand.

I recently watched that old Panorama special from the Seventies about Millwall. Always assumed I'd seen it, but apparently not. Hilarious stuff - exactly what the Spinal Tap laddies would come up with if asked to make a spoof about football hooliganism. Some of the dialogue is absolutely fucking deathless. Really is difficult to watch with the mindset that the people portrayed are deadly serious.

I was out and about in glamorous Gorgie this morning and spotted this freshly painted door/door frame. Carving 'wet paint' into the stairwell wall's paintwork next to it slightly cheapens the effect of the smart door:

gorgie_zpsqooifcpi.jpg

I recently watched that old Panorama special from the Seventies about Millwall. Always assumed I'd seen it, but apparently not. Hilarious stuff - exactly what the Spinal Tap laddies would come up with if asked to make a spoof about football hooliganism. Some of the dialogue is absolutely fucking deathless. Really is difficult to watch with the mindset that the people portrayed are deadly serious.

This is absolutely fantastic! My favourite bit is when the guy jilts his wife-to-be just before they get married because she supports Chelsea and they often argue about football.

Just had a random (using the word literally for a change btw) survey by a guy for the Scottish Government about the justice system and crime. Just starting and his 3rd or 4th question was "Have you ever been sexually assaulted?" Me (someone who is next to never serious outside of work): "No.....Am no geed looking enough":-

post-12169-14314409791201_thumb.jpg

Not often you see the words "pleasure" and "Balgay Hill Bar" in the same sentence tbf.

To be fair Mozz, I was only there due to it being the favoured haunt of my mate. There is definately more than a whiff of Star Wars Cantina about the gaff. Prior to that we were in the Art Bar, whose prices put Edinburgh to shame. :thumbsdown