Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Phew! Thanks for clearing that up for us. There was me thinking that if I went out and got rat-arsed one night and did the same again the next day I'd end up completely hangover-free!

It is sort of possible. Theres a science to it.

I discovered last Friday that being hungover in a lecture isn't a smart move - especially when you just want to sleep but the only place you can get a seat is at the front, luckily I had my dictaphone so I didn't need to do anything other than sit there wallowing in self-pity and disgust. Neither is verging on chundering on the subway at 8am.

I will learn from these mistakes. I will learn.

I discovered last Friday that being hungover in a lecture isn't a smart move - especially when you just want to sleep but the only place you can get a seat is at the front, luckily I had my dictaphone so I didn't need to do anything other than sit there wallowing in self-pity and disgust. Neither is verging on chundering on the subway at 8am.

I will learn from these mistakes. I will learn.

Finlay hasn't learned to avoid hangovers in lectures yet.

I've been offered a ticket in the Celtic end with a couple of cousins for the game against Dundee United

I hate Celtic but it will be, ahem, interesting to say the least.

Bayview for me tomorrow.

Gonna feel weird digging the gloves and scarves out for for the football once again.

Phew! Thanks for clearing that up for us. There was me thinking that if I went out and got rat-arsed one night and did the same again the next day I'd end up completely hangover-free!

Sometimes you actually do if you keep it within a sensible limit the following day ie 3 or 4 bottles of Mangers or whatever. Not my strong point limiting myself though.

Sometimes you actually do if you keep it within a sensible limit the following day ie 3 or 4 bottles of Mangers or whatever. Not my strong point limiting myself though.

Yup, 3-5 pints the next day early doors, means you can get a bit scran down you, then 3 litres of water, couple paracetomal and in yer bed early.

Right as mother fuckin' rain.

The thing I want to share with P&B contains both a RTBC and a PTTYOYN.

I had my first Politics tutorial today. There seems to be a fascination with people using "flowerly" language to try and get a point across. It makes no difference to their point or their argument. I dislike this. On the plus side, I was sitting beside two absolute stunners.

The thing I want to share with P&B contains both a RTBC and a PTTYOYN.

I had my first Politics tutorial today. There seems to be a fascination with people using "flowerly" language to try and get a point across. It makes no difference to their point or their argument. I dislike this. On the plus side, I was sitting beside two absolute stunners.

For all that it's superficial, it probably works as long as there's at least some substance behind it.

Saying "Machiavelli's a fuckin' cynic" won't exactly get you the same "street cred" with a tutor as "Machiavelli would appear, superficially at least, to be somewhat amoral on this issue". :P

Debbie and Robert are a couple. Robert has dwarfism and Debbie seems to be a man pretending to be a woman. They are in the Eddie Stobart fan club and travel round Britain in a camper van taking pictures of HGV's. They are on TV just now.

Someone please tell me it isn't true. :(

Edited by orlandoblue

Got caught up in a trainload of Celtic fans that had been at Tannadice on my way back to uni tonight. I saw the train was full of them as it pulled into the station so just thought I'd keep my head down and find somewhere quiet, but as I got on they all started pointing at me singing "there's only one Fraser Forster" and I had no escape route. Apparently I'm his twin (upon googling I look nothing like him).

Anyway, chatted away to a few of them between Perth and Stirling and they seemed like genuinely nice guys, insisted I drank their beer and we had a good laugh. Meanwhile, in the background their pals are singing all sorts of IRA, anti-Proddy and racist drivel. As I got off the train the guys I'd been speaking to began to join in with their pish.

I really don't get Old Firm fans.

Edited by Paco

Got caught up in a trainload of Celtic fans that had been at Tannadice on my way back to uni tonight. I saw the train was full of them as it pulled into the station so just thought I'd keep my head down and find somewhere quiet, but as I got on they all started pointing at me singing "there's only one Fraser Forster" and I had no escape route. Apparently I'm his twin (upon googling I look nothing like him).

Anyway, chatted away to a few of them between Perth and Stirling and they seemed like genuinely nice guys, insisted I drank their beer and we had a good laugh. Meanwhile, in the background their pals are singing all sorts of IRA, anti-Proddy and racist drivel. As I got off the train the guys I'd been speaking to began to join in with their pish.

I really don't get Old Firm fans.

I get that sort of thing all the time, since I always walk down to Partick station after home games to catch a train back home. If Celtic or Rangers are at home I inevitably end up seeing loads of them cutting about.

Although the funny thing is, they're generally really sound (apart, as you say, from the bigotted pish that you're almost guaranteed to hear) and if they do dish anything out then you either just give it straight back or just try to see the funny side and have a laugh about it.

People sing sectarian songs because others start them and it's just another song to sing along to. The majority of people who sing sectarian songs aren't actually sectarian or really give a massive toss about religion.

Fans of most clubs will have joined in with a song that's rather close to the bone at some stage, but they aren't bad people.

People sing sectarian songs because others start them and it's just another song to sing along to. The majority of people who sing sectarian songs aren't actually sectarian or really give a massive toss about religion.

Fans of most clubs will have joined in with a song that's rather close to the bone at some stage, but they aren't bad people.

e.g. Dick ''I'm not a h*n but I'll belt out Derry's Walls'' Campbell

In my experience, that is total bollocks.

In my experience, that is total bollocks.

I dunno. I remember at the semi-final replay against Celtic in 1997 there were a large contingent of Falkirk fans not too far from my dad and me giving it laldy with the "Cheer up Tommy Burns". I joined in for a couple of verses as I had no idea what a "******" was. My Dad told me to stop singing it and after the game explained what it meant.

I was just a wean at the time, though. I guess it's different if it's older guys belting out the showtunes.