Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

At a funeral this morning, the church was packed, i thought to myself "it would be hilarious if the canon announced today's official attendance"

Having thoughts like that is a fear of mine when attending a 'pay your respects funeral'. If it's a proper close death, it's fine, you can get away with anything in the grieving process but someone on the next tier, if you laugh at an inopportune moment during their funeral, you will be considered an arsehole forever more.

side point, there are only two tiers of funerals that it's acceptable to attend. if you disagree, you are a death chaser. No one likes a death chaser.

Is handwriting obsolete?

I had an exam (third year, Uni) yesterday, and realised that I literally don't have handwriting any more. Any time I write anything down I do it in block capitals, because it's neater than my usual scrawl, but I sat down in the exam and literally couldn't write in usual lower-case joined up writing. I realised that exams are the only time I have to write anything any more.

All my term-time Uni work is done on the computer, and at my work I exclusively use computers too. I carry a pen at all times and the only time I ever fecking use it is the odd time I've got to sign my name.

Is handwriting obsolete?

I had an exam (third year, Uni) yesterday, and realised that I literally don't have handwriting any more. Any time I write anything down I do it in block capitals, because it's neater than my usual scrawl, but I sat down in the exam and literally couldn't write in usual lower-case joined up writing. I realised that exams are the only time I have to write anything any more.

All my term-time Uni work is done on the computer, and at my work I exclusively use computers too. I carry a pen at all times and the only time I ever fecking use it is the odd time I've got to sign my name.

I've never bothered developing a neat system of handwriting. If I'm writing down something for someone else I'll print it, although I use upper and lower case so that at least it's grammatically correct.

If I'm writing for myself then my writing is a horrible mess, but I can understand it. It doesn't help that for the past four years most of the writing I have done has been using various mathematical symbols and notation.

I've never bothered developing a neat system of handwriting. If I'm writing down something for someone else I'll print it, although I use upper and lower case so that at least it's grammatically correct.

If I'm writing for myself then my writing is a horrible mess, but I can understand it. It doesn't help that for the past four years most of the writing I have done has been using various mathematical symbols and notation.

IF I'M WRITING SOMETHING, IT USUALLY ENDS UP LOOKING LIKE THIS. IT MEANS I HAVE TO WRITE ENTIRE ESSAYS LIKE THIS IN EXAMS NOW, AND IT'S BLOODY TIME CONSUMING. I'M NOT THE FASTEST WRITER IN THE WORLD AS IT IS. I'M SURE MY ESSAYS IN EXAMS ARE MUCH SHORTER THAN ANYONE ELSE'S. PROBABLY WHY I DO SO BADLY.

Guest The Phoenix

IF I'M WRITING SOMETHING, IT USUALLY ENDS UP LOOKING LIKE THIS. IT MEANS I HAVE TO WRITE ENTIRE ESSAYS LIKE THIS IN EXAMS NOW, AND IT'S BLOODY TIME CONSUMING. I'M NOT THE FASTEST WRITER IN THE WORLD AS IT IS. I'M SURE MY ESSAYS IN EXAMS ARE MUCH SHORTER THAN ANYONE ELSE'S. PROBABLY WHY I DO SO BADLY.

My joined up writing was shit at the best of times and I've written like the above for at least 30 years.

It's a real struggle to write any other way after all that time.

Very occasionally I try to do a letter in joined up writing but I invariably end up throwing it out and reverting to type because the first effort looks like a five year old has been let loose with a pen.