Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I was out of lager and I couldn't be arsed going to Asda in the snow, so I went to Aldi instead.

They had the "usual" suspects, but only in 15 or 24 bottle cases, which I didn't want to carry down the road. So I settled on Steinhauser. 'Tis very good and only £3.89 for 6 bottles.

This is probably a RTBC, but like walking to Asda, I can't be arsed to find the thread.

Lidl used to do a lager in wee stumpy bottles called Finkbrau. It was a very decent drink.

Just found out that one of my old mates from school who I still keep in touch with now and again got arrested last night for attempted murder. Utterly shocked and speechless as I didn't think he would hurt a fly. :mellow:

Edited by C.Muir

Just found out that one of my old mates from school who I still keep in touch with now and again got arrested last night for attempted murder. Utterly shocked and speechless as I didn't think he would hurt a fly. :mellow:

A couple of years ago (I was in 5th year at the time) one of the guys I went to primary school with was sent to a young offenders institute for stabbing his best mate's dad in the neck and body nine times with a kitchen knife, when he was completely off his tits. Genuinely a nice guy, one of the funniest guys I had ever met. He's out now, but nobody ever expected him to do that. Never seemed like he would go out of his way to hurt anyone.

I was in Greggs today getting some lunch, and there was a group of about 5 nuns in there (good start to a story, sounds like a wind up but actually isn't).

Anyway, they were from all over the world, there was a japanese nun, an indian nun, and the tallest of them was no taller than 4ft 8in.

One of them obviously had no genuine concept of queueing, as I got to the front of the queue and she comes over and stands right in front of me waiting for the next available counter. She stood there for about 10 seconds until one of the other nuns said 'line, line' and she then realised you were meant to stand in line until it was your turn, and she moved to the back of the queue.

It got me pondering for a few seconds, that question that I'm sure everyone will have to deal with at some point in their life;

How do you deal with a queue jumping nun in Greggs?

Edited by mid-table

I was in Greggs today getting some lunch, and there was a group of about 5 nuns in there (good start to a story, sounds like a wind up but actually isn't).

Anyway, they were from all over the world, there was a japanese nun, an indian nun, and the tallest of them was no taller than 4ft 8in.

One of them obviously had no genuine concept of queueing, as I got to the front of the queue and she comes over and stands right in front of me waiting for the next available counter. She stood there for about 10 seconds until one of the other nuns said 'line, line' and she then realised you were meant to stand in line until it was your turn, and she moved to the back of the queue.

It got me pondering for a few seconds, that question that I'm sure everyone will have to deal with at some point in their life;

How do you deal with a queue jumping nun in Greggs?

Have a word with her, see if she'll give up that appalling habit.

Text my boss (I work for Menzies Distribution) about 10 minutes ago saying i had been trying for almost an hour and a half to get a taxi, and it doesn't look likely that i'll make it in as the bus service for my area has been cancelled too. He text back saying that i wasn't the only one, and that only 3 staff had turned up so far.

Can see the newspapers being a fair bit late tomorrow. :ph34r:

Text my boss (I work for Menzies Distribution) about 10 minutes ago saying i had been trying for almost an hour and a half to get a taxi, and it doesn't look likely that i'll make it in as the bus service for my area has been cancelled too. He text back saying that i wasn't the only one, and that only 3 staff had turned up so far.

Can see the newspapers being a fair bit late tomorrow. :ph34r:

Later than normal?

The papers are usually late in the mornings! :P