Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

About an hour ago driving home I stumbled across a white Mercedes sprinter van on its side, blocking a country road, just outside Dumfries. There was debris all over the place; trees, hedges and smashed up white van scattered all over the road. There was also guy stuck inside the van, booting f**k out the windscreen in his attempt to get out. Another vehicle had pulled up, and the occupants of this vehicle were trying to reassure the guy that he'd be okay while I phoned emergency services.

Whilst on the phone, the guy managed to free himself from the cabin via a now kicked in windscreen. He stumbled about for a bit, looking a bit worse for wear. Then the fucker legged it up the road out of nowhere. A minute or two later in the distance, another car pulled up he got in and it tore off. I'm assuming he was pissed.

As a result, I've then had to spend the best part of an hour, having small talk with the other 2 passers by, while waiting on the police and giving statements etc as they informed me I wasn't allowed to leave.

It was fucking freezing as well and the police were in no hurry when they arrived.

15 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

About an hour ago driving home I stumbled across a white Mercedes sprinter van on its side, blocking a country road, just outside Dumfries. There was debris all over the place; trees, hedges and smashed up white van scattered all over the road. There was also guy stuck inside the van, booting f**k out the windscreen in his attempt to get out. Another vehicle had pulled up, and the occupants of this vehicle were trying to reassure the guy that he'd be okay while I phoned emergency services.

Whilst on the phone, the guy managed to free himself from the cabin via a now kicked in windscreen. He stumbled about for a bit, looking a bit worse for wear. Then the fucker legged it up the road out of nowhere. A minute or two later in the distance, another car pulled up he got in and it tore off. I'm assuming he was pissed.

As a result, I've then had to spend the best part of an hour, having small talk with the other 2 passers by, while waiting on the police and giving statements etc as they informed me I wasn't allowed to leave.

It was fucking freezing as well and the police were in no hurry when they arrived.

Recant this story to the Stephen Port thread. I think it would be good value in there.

It's 2:30am. My alarm goes off at 7am. I feel your pain. f**k my life.

I don't have to be in work for any time and just a 10 minute walk away too. Up at 8.50 this morning and in work for 9.20. Home for 5. I don't know if I love if or hate it because I have absolutely zero routine. In work as early as 7 or as late as 10 and away home as early as 2 or as late as 8.

All over the place.

Iceland vs Iceland

I'd bet on the axe wielding, ice fishing mentalists over the fish-finger stackers personally

https://www.mfa.is/news-and-publications/legal-actions-over-the-use-of-the-word-iceland

I hope the shop win and the country is forced to change their name. Just for laughs.

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I'm the same when I'm not on-site. No set hours as such and can suit myself within reason on office days or can work from home. However when you have a kid or kids, breakfast to make, shower, school run to do etc, it's not that simple. As I said before, f**k my life!

ETA: Check your PM.

First you take pics of young mens shoes and now your sending them dick pics.

Shame on you.

7 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

^^^ grass.

Was it a heating engineer van from Stirling?

My big night out in Glasgow:

Left Aberdeen late yesterday afternoon to see Above & Beyond at the O2 Academy, with a notable delay after the Megabus wheelchair thing broke down (subscribers to PTTGOYN will already know this).

Upon late arrival, I ended up waiting on my mate (in possession of my ticket) who unexpectedly had to stay at his work in Bearsden as some girl needed an ambulance. Meet me at Glasgow Royal A&E was the message, which is where I duly went. Things hit a snag where the ambulance took over an hour to show and my mate's phone decided to die, inside the ambulance. This became problematic as the ambulance decided to go to some hospital by Cumbernauld whilst I spent two hours waiting at Royal A&E.

His other half eventually got in touch via FB, saying to go to theirs outside of Cumbernauld, only for my phone to die en route and me to spend an hour or so trying to find a house I've been to once 5 years ago, in the dark.

Could have got a taxi but I had little idea of where I was going and didn't want to run up a £50 fare whilst working it out, so decided to walk, not quite appreciating that Cumbernauld isn't particularly pedestrian friendly. Over an hour in sub-zero and a few industrial estates at 1am later, I finally and rather impressively find my destination, with my mate not back yet (arrived 10 mins later though, highly apologetic but with a decent whisky selection for me to sample whilst dealing with screaming baby all night, I may have had 3hrs kip, tops).

I write this from a sunny but cold Glasgow Buchanan St Station, awaiting my return chariot to Aberdeen for a half day of work.Back down with mates for the Dons cup final in a couple of days. Yay.

So, in summary: pint followed by trip to A&E and getting lost, rolling in at 2am. Just a typical night out in Glasgow really.

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

It's 2:30am. My alarm goes off at 7am. I feel your pain. f**k my life.

Was shattered last night, before I went to bed I was awake for about for about 29 of the last 32 hours. Just made up for it with a 9 hour sleep though. 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That just shows how fucked we are when our mobile's die.

Too true. A few years ago I had a blowout on the A9 in a blizzard, no spare, only one of those stupid silicone things as much use as a chocolate teapot. Managed a quick call to a mate with location and phone died during the call. Dread to think what would have happened if it had died before it. Was a company blackberry and was showing 50% charge, but I subsequently discovered the thing was fucked and would die anywhere between 50% and 20% charge showing. No wonder they're defunct.

^^^ grass.

Don't tarnish me with the same brush as old man danger.

Policeman: "can you describe the gentleman that exited the vehicle"
Monkman: "Not really, it was dark and I was busy on the phone to yourselves."
Policeman "would you be able to identify him again"
Monkman: "I don't think so"

IMG_1480075457.751130.jpg.25b2a3698c0e7b