Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

14 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Got the Sonos on in the kitchen whilst the kids are having breakfast. Just got a random playlist playing off my phone.  

Now, I'm usually on the ball when it comes to surreptitiously moving on to the next track if a song comes on with language not for little ears.

Was dealing with my son throwing a wobbly and failed to notice that Jarvis Cocker "c***s are still running the world" had come on.

My wife walked in just as he launched into the first chorus.

"It stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust" is up there as one of his finer lines.

Ditto and Ditto, checked my account yesterday and thought I'd had an expensive night but not too bad. Checked today and the contactless payments in the pub have appeared :unsure:

Contactless is the best idea when your drunk.

Turns into the worst once you sober up.

Contactless is the best idea when your drunk.

Turns into the worst once you sober up.

Depends where you are and what you're doing. I remember I had about £70 worth of jaegerbombs on my card one night and couldn't even remember being in the place on George Street. Still must have been a good night, so didn't really care. [emoji23]

Depends where you are and what you're doing. I remember I had about £70 worth of jaegerbombs on my card one night and couldn't even remember being in the place on George Street. Still must have been a good night, so didn't really care. [emoji23]

It was Edinburgh we were in at the weekend, better night out than Glasgow. You actually get into clubs for a start.

It was Edinburgh we were in at the weekend, better night out than Glasgow. You actually get into clubs for a start.

Ahh fair enough, where'd you end up?

Not going to lie, I prefer Edinburgh over Glasgow for a night out, but that's purely based on the fact that much like yourself whenever I go to Glasgow nowhere let's you in after about 12 for some reason. So the few nights I've done there are always disappointing. Actually think Dundees the best place for a night out!

Ahh fair enough, where'd you end up?

Not going to lie, I prefer Edinburgh over Glasgow for a night out, but that's purely based on the fact that much like yourself whenever I go to Glasgow nowhere let's you in after about 12 for some reason. So the few nights I've done there are always disappointing. Actually think Dundees the best place for a night out!

Tigerlily and Whynot?, done a few other pubs in the area.

The last time I was in Glasgow for a night out everywhere rejected us. Ended up in a goth nightclub. Which was frightening.

I'm too old for a night out. I prefer a civilised lunch that descends into chaos and I'm back in bed or at least the sofa by about 10pm.

I've been this way inclined since I was 25. When I hear about other 30 year olds refer to their social outings as nights out I get rather uneasy.

Just now, mizfit said:

Tigerlily and Whynot?, done a few other pubs in the area.

The last time I was in Glasgow for a night out everywhere rejected us. Ended up in a goth nightclub. Which was frightening.

I think what we can surmise from this is that we have higher standards in Scotland's largest and greatest city.