Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Table of four late-teenage girls beside me on the train evidently going to Edinburgh for a day out together. All of them have been silently glued to their phones since getting on at Aberdeen. Not a word spoken yet and we're now at Arbroath.

They also have giant bags of Haribo on the table. I do not have Haribo. I now want Haribo.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Table of four late-teenage girls beside me on the train evidently going to Edinburgh for a day out together. All of them have been silently glued to their phones since getting on at Aberdeen. Not a word spoken as we approach Arbroath.

They’re probably writing similar comments on social media sites about you , as you sit glued to P&B ;)

They’re probably writing similar comments on social media sites about you , as you sit glued to P&B [emoji6]

I'm travelling on my lonesome. At least I have an excuse having finished my newspaper.

Don't complain, could be a horrible hen party instead. Any wids?

Given I can't confirm the ages of them, I'm not touching your question with a 100ft pole.

At last, words spoken whilst crossing the Tay Bridge, nice clear views of the Law Hill and the Tay Road Bridge with all the rigs in the dock:

"Where was that we just passed?"

"Dunno"

"F***, was that Edinburgh?!"

"Don't think so"

"This is the Forth Bridge though?"

"Yeah, so we can't be far from Edinburgh now"

"We'll be well early then, better tell the others".

Jesus wept. As a Scout leader I've noticed just how useless the youth of today (f*** I'm getting old) are at the most basic geography. Couldn't even say if Edinburgh or Glasgow was SW/NE/NW/SE of Aberdeen. Once played a game where you ran to the wall of the hall closest to the city name shouted out and half of them thought Edinburgh and Glasgow were east of Aberdeen. Some of the more enlightened looked at a map and thought Shetland was also due east out in Aberdeen Bay where they put that box for the Northern Isles. If the SatNav dies then these folk are f***ed.