Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I am unsure why they need to state, using a flag no less, that they will remember Lee Rigby. I am sure most if not all of us will since it was a horrific event and was really quite big news.

There's nothing like quiet introspection when remembering the departed.

I've been waiting for a bed in ninewells since Monday. Yesterday they said they were 99% certain they'd have one for me today. Still no phone call.

I'm not in any pain or anything but it's the wait that kills you. I've got my head into hospital mode and just want to get it started now.

(It's costing me a fortune in take aways as I'm having a 'last supper' every night)

Finally, I've got myself a beautiful bed in a river view ward in the hotel ninewells.

3 weeks of being fed on a drip before they hopefully send me home to do it myself.

Its more commonly referred to as back door/passage and you dont even know thats whats wrong with him you insensitive b*****d

Crohn's disease. A proper shitey state of affairs as I seem to have a particularly bad dose of it. Still, there are far worse things to have in this world.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I am unsure why they need to state, using a flag no less, that they will remember Lee Rigby. I am sure most if not all of us will since it was a horrific event and was really quite big news.

I showed my wife that picture and she asked me "Who is Lee Rigby?"

That Lee Rigby shite has prompted the depressing realisation that we're only 5 days from the anniversary of Sept. 11. Every attention seeking canute in this country (and dear lard, there's a lot of them) will be tripping over themselves to post photos of people dying "lest we forget."

Put all the necromaniacal turds on the top floor of the "Freedom Tower" and set off a controlled explosion from the bottom.

Edited by Shotgun

Slightly off topic, but is the worship of the military really as big of 'a thing' as it seems in America? My only experience of this is American sporting events and a few online forums, but it always surprises me how seriously some take it.

My sister was in Vegas/NY earlier this year, 2 internal flights, she said both times ex and current serving military got priority boarding over disabled, first class and business class and every shop/restaurant in Vegas offered military discount.

40 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Slightly off topic, but is the worship of the military really as big of 'a thing' as it seems in America? My only experience of this is American sporting events and a few online forums, but it always surprises me how seriously some take it.

In my experience it's mostly a big deal at sporting events and Denny's on Veteran's Day. And some used car lots, usually the ones with ridiculously big flags flying outside them, will advertise occasional special deals for ex or serving military in an attempt to look even more patriotic.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yes, it's beyond unhealthy.

It isn't just the promotion of the war machine at sporting events, the discounts and the preferential treatment. The hero worship, even from people you would think would be more level headed, is quite unsettling. You know the joke about how you can always tell if someone's a vegan? Wait 5 minutes and they'll tell you. It's the exact same thing here with Military veterans. And then everyone, and I mean everyone, stops what they're doing to thank them for their service. Failing to do so marks you as some kind of terrorist loving America hater. I'm not kidding. A sure fire way to win any argument on the Internet is to start a sentence with "When I was serving my country..." or "I have a son in Iraq..." It matters not what you were talking about, they've won the debate.

Interestingly though; it's rarely the active serving military that pull this shit. Usually, it's either someone who spent time behind a desk on an army base 30 years ago, or worse, the Trump voting pond life who never got around to signing up themselves but just love to talk about how much they support the troops. Until it comes time to pay taxes to provide health care, or housing, or psychiatric treatment, obviously.

Americans in general are extremely welcoming to visitors. But if you're here and you decide to criticize the military, be prepared for things to turn ugly.

Yes it is. When I was in San Antonio, Texas, water park, several army guys in uniform were allowed to walk straight to the front of the queue, this queue was about 1 hour wait. Not just that they were applauded by everycunt.

Anyway, I off for a few pints. See you all later, when I've got a story to tell you' all about.
Sure Jim can't wait.[emoji6]

Crohn's disease. A proper shitey state of affairs as I seem to have a particularly bad dose of it. Still, there are far worse things to have in this world.

Hope they get you sorted out asap, one of my workmates had a really crappy time (quite lirerally) when he was first diagnosed, but since they got his medication and diet sorted out it's been years since he had any major problems.