Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

You have to search deep into your soul right enough 

In all seriousness I like the idea of having kids but I know full well I wouldn't be able to cope so there's no point being selfish. My mum is set on grandkids though and I'm her only child so it could get difficult in a few years.

In all seriousness I like the idea of having kids but I know full well I wouldn't be able to cope so there's no point being selfish. My mum is set on grandkids though and I'm her only child so it could get difficult in a few years.

They’re no that bad, they have their advantages. They can go and get you stuff, when you can’t be arsed going for.
There is something great about seeing the amazement on their faces when they learn something for the 1st time as well. But i’ll no lie, they can be wee dicks at times[emoji23]

At least you can put them to bed at 7-8pm and the rest of the evening is your own. Having teenage sons who stay up late at the weekends (after sleeping until around lunchtime) is a nightmare at times.

I fear my 10 year old will be like this come the teenage years, hes never really settled at bedtime since he was a bairn, so god knows what he will be like when he hits that stage.

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

I Don’t blame your mum, grandparenting is far superior and satisfying than parenting imo

Having a kid is genuinely the best thing I've done with my life tbh.

On the sibling discussion, me and my brother had a 3 year age gap and detested each other growing up as we were completely different. I loved him but I couldn't stand him. When we got to teenage years it was at the stage we pretty much ignored each other. Since not living together I have a far better relationship with him. We get on well I feel and I can't recall ever falling out.

So the solution@Adam is to boot one of them out. Simple! [emoji38]

Having a kid is genuinely the best thing I've done with my life tbh.

On the sibling discussion, me and my brother had a 3 year age gap and detested each other growing up as we were completely different. I loved him but I couldn't stand him. When we got to teenage years it was at the stage we pretty much ignored each other. Since not living together I have a far better relationship with him. We get on well I feel and I can't recall ever falling out.

So the solution[mention=30184]Adam[/mention] is to boot one of them out. Simple! [emoji38]

The third word of your post basically sums it up for me. Have one kid. That way, they have no one to fight with.

What does your mum and dad say?
:rolleyes:

[emoji23]

I know not directed at me but must say, even at 29, I probably still give my Mum sleepless nights, or at least loads of worry, so whilst I might moan like f**k about my kids (especially with my house smelling of stale milk), I know the worry of being a parent will never pass.

It’s just fucking hard work at times.

I fear my 10 year old will be like this come the teenage years, hes never really settled at bedtime since he was a bairn, so god knows what he will be like when he hits that stage.
It's a tough one, my eldest is nearly 16 and I'm regularly crashed out before him (especially if working early shifts). I was the same at his age, although, the difference being I was out with my mates and not sat around the house. I'd be out until 11:30pm or so then back home, sleep until midday, couple of bacon rolls, go to the Rovers game with my old man, have tea then go out again.
I suppose it's just a different time now and short of taking the computer and mobile out his room each night, there's not much else I can do. In some respects, it's easier when they are wee, nightly routines can be followed but that's not really enforceable when they are teenagers. However, I do not miss having to get up early and endure mindnumbing inane kids TV programs.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

It’s mildly amusing that some of the posters on here  hold the fact they managed to get a woman drunk enough to sleep with them as some sort of achievement, let alone the best thing they’ve ever done in their lives. 

^^^^ Never got a woman drunk enough to sleep with him.

It's a tough one, my eldest is nearly 16 and I'm regularly crashed out before him (especially if working early shifts). I was the same at his age, although, the difference being I was out with my mates and not sat around the house. I'd be out until 11:30pm or so then back home, sleep until midday, couple of bacon rolls, go to the Rovers game with my old man, have tea then go out again.
I suppose it's just a different time now and short of taking the computer and mobile out his room each night, there's not much else I can do. In some respects, it's easier when they are wee, nightly routines can be followed but that's not really enforceable when they are teenagers. However, I do not miss having to get up early and endure mindnumbing inane kids TV programs.

That is the point that worries me as well that there will come a time where i can’t say right, im taking your phone etc. His mum is the same, she can be up to all hours either working or mucking about on the computer, Whereas like my youngest, i like getting to bed at a decent time.

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

I probably still give my Mum sleepless nights, or at least loads of worry            I know the worry of being a parent will never pass.

It’s just fucking hard work at times.

Correct, but the thing that kept me going was one day they’d get a fucking round in. 

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Yes, the thought had crossed my mind.  Honestly feel like I am serving a prison sentence just now.  People in my work who have older children often complain that they can't get them out of their beds at the weekend.  I can't wait for that period of my life, not having to hear "Daddy" five hundred times a day, or have them crying about something pathetic every five minutes.

I can't wait for when my girls are teenagers. I'm going to get up at 8am every morning and blast the radio whilst cheekily whistling all around the house.

I can't wait for when my girls are teenagers. I'm going to get up at 8am every morning and blast the radio whilst cheekily whistling all around the house.

I’m going to do what my parents done; wait until they go out getting full of it with their pals and run the hoover round at 6am on a Saturday/Sunday morning when they’re suffering.