Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Maybe he's got laminate flooring. A must for young children!

Sadly not.  My old flat was all laminate, but pretty much everywhere apart from the kitchen and toilet is carpet in my current house.  Could weep at the thought of going home to a smelly house and screaming children.  Thankfully @Lisa Cuddy is picking them up tonight so I can get a bit of peace!

Just now, Adam said:

Sadly not.  My old flat was all laminate, but pretty much everywhere apart from the kitchen and toilet is carpet in my current house.  Could weep at the thought of going home to a smelly house and screaming children.  Thankfully @Lisa Cuddy is picking them up tonight so I can get a bit of peace!

Sair yin. Definitely need to get some sort of shampoo machine on it! 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Sair yin. Definitely need to get some sort of shampoo machine on it! 

They can pay for it.  I'll be fucked if I am.

Honestly, I have been in a completely awful mood all day, and it's purely because of how terrible the two of them have been at the weekend.  Should really look forward to winding down and enjoying yourself when you're not working.  Not the case with my two.  

Doesn't matter if you keep them in all weekend, or go out and do lots of fun things (as we did this weekend).  They just want to fight and be generally horrible and nasty to each other.  

I don't think I could ever go through it again, and often breathe a sigh of relief when I hear the news that someone I know is pregnant, just think "Thank f**k it's not me".

I'm currently listening to a CD of the soundtrack from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." It's making me feel like I should do something epic today. I probably won't but I feel like I should. Think I'll start with another cup of coffee and see where we go from there.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

If you do decide to hire one you have to order it online and pick it up at the supermarket you specify. Costs 20 odd quid for 24 hours, not much more for 48, and around a fiver for the shampoo.

This really means a lot coming from 2 posters with such an astronomically low chance of ever reproducing in their respective lifespans.
Thats harsh, but equally fucking delicious. Well done laddie!
I might try Fife as my first port of call. 
Top tip then, dont post any pics of its hands or feet. The webbing/digit count will see you rumbled.

Honestly, I have been in a completely awful mood all day, and it's purely because of how terrible the two of them have been at the weekend.  Should really look forward to winding down and enjoying yourself when you're not working.  Not the case with my two.  

Doesn't matter if you keep them in all weekend, or go out and do lots of fun things (as we did this weekend).  They just want to fight and be generally horrible and nasty to each other.  

I don't think I could ever go through it again, and often breathe a sigh of relief when I hear the news that someone I know is pregnant, just think "Thank f**k it's not me".

Out of curiosity, what age are your boys? I have two at 8 & 10 and they argue like cat and dog, but only if the older one is in a mood. Best of pals when they choose to be. Completely understand your pain and frustration.

I have an older brother and there was nearly 4 years between us and i do not remember arguing like these two do. As you say, it’s usually over f**k all.

2 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Out of curiosity, what age are your boys? I have two at 8 & 10 and they argue like cat and dog, but only if the older one is in a mood. Best of pals when they choose to be. Completely understand your pain and frustration.

I have an older brother and there was nearly 4 years between us and i do not remember arguing like these two do. As it’s usually over f**k all.

They're nine and six.  Yeah, mine argue over absolutely everything and anything.  They've got iPads, a Switch, smart TVs, and yet they were physically fighting last week over a 99p pack of bouncy balls my girlfriend had picked up in the shop, because there was an uneven number in the packet, so one got more than the other.  

The eldest can be in his room, playing on his iPad, but if he for one second thinks that the youngest is touching anything of his, even if he hasn't looked at it in a month, he'll race out and fight for it as if his life depended on it.  He does have Aspergers, which does explain his behaviour at times, but it is increasingly difficult having to deal with it, day in, day out. 

They're nine and six.  Yeah, mine argue over absolutely everything and anything.  They've got iPads, a Switch, smart TVs, and yet they were physically fighting last week over a 99p pack of bouncy balls my girlfriend had picked up in the shop, because there was an uneven number in the packet, so one got more than the other.  
The eldest can be in his room, playing on his iPad, but if he for one second thinks that the youngest is touching anything of his, even if he hasn't looked at it in a month, he'll race out and fight for it as if his life depended on it.  He does have Aspergers, which does explain his behaviour at times, but it is increasingly difficult having to deal with it, day in, day out. 

You sometimes think they just like a rammy for the sake of it. It’s refreshing to read that it’s not just my house it happens in[emoji23].

On a more serious note, it does get annoying the stuff you have to play referee over, but i can imagine that having a kid with aspergers makes it more difficult as well. Especially day in, day out. I wish i could say something more supportive than that, but admittedly not knowing much about the subject, it’s hard to know what i can say.

22 minutes ago, Adam said:

Got two boys with a three year age gap also, it will get better, but not for a while yet. Just wait till they’re both in their teens and the fights get more realistic :lol:

Got two boys with a three year age gap also, it will get better, but not for a while yet. Just wait till they’re both in their teens and the fights get more realistic :lol:

That’s great. You’ve made me feel so much better, thanks....[emoji23]

People in my work who have older children often complain that they can't get them out of their beds at the weekend.  I can't wait for that period of my life, not having to hear "Daddy" five hundred times a day, or have them crying about something pathetic every five minutes.

At least you can put them to bed at 7-8pm and the rest of the evening is your own. Having teenage sons who stay up late at the weekends (after sleeping until around lunchtime) is a nightmare at times.