Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'll never ever forget the moment Rugsterette was handed over to me, pure relief that she was ok more than anything else to be honest, followed by about 45 minutes of panic waiting on them fixing HSF back up. To be honest it did take me a bit of time to bond, I mean I loved her straight away obviously, but I did find it difficult in the early days when I was convinced she didn't like me (fair enough) and I couldn't get her to go to sleep and stuff like that. 
Some fucking experience though, would recommend it to everyone. 
BB2 is nearly 9 months old and responds significantly better to Mrs B than to me. I have made my peace with it to an extent although she currently has taken an aversion to sleeping through which has nearly broken me.

I think it takes till they can interact with you before the real strength of feeling for them arrives

22 minutes ago, throbber said:

Nobody has told me that I might not feel a bond with the baby right away tbh. I am not thinking that far ahead yet anyway.

Log off for a day or two and enjoy the moment because you’ll never experience a first born again. There’s no need for you to find out what Granny Dangers drinking today or to red dot the latest Zen Archer pun. 

Log off for a day or two and enjoy the moment because you’ll never experience a first born again. There’s no need for you to find out what Granny Dangers drinking today or to red dot the latest Zen Archer pun. 

I’m not sure what I would do without P&B tbh. Particularly when i am bored and waiting for something.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m not sure what I would do without P&B tbh. Particularly when i am bored and waiting for something.

Boredom is a part of today, I nearly missed my first born because I went for a walk and a fish supper. Shouted at on my return by both wife and midwife. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Nescafe.  No sugar, some milk.

Has she been induced yet?

No. As my Mrs was having contractions last night and had phoned the hospital they contacted her today to say they wanted to delay being induced until tomorrow. She hasn’t felt contractions for hours now though.

RE: @throbber situation. I agree with @Bobby Skidmarks & @Bairnardo posts tbh.

1. Log off and "enjoy" the moment...you won't as you'll feel like a spare p***k at a wedding! But be there & supportive for your wife and newborn. It's an amazing experience that'll only strengthen your respect for your gf and women generally. 

2. Bairnardo is right about the feeling of "love straight away"......I was told this by my sister and felt underwhelmed by comparison but I totally understand as just witnessing the bond between mother and child is on a completely different level....that's not to say us fathers don't love or care about our kids because of course we do but something happens in those 9 months that we don't get close to.

Good luck Throbber. 

ETA - More importantly,  good luck Mrs Throbber!

Edited by sjc

I can’t wait until throbber finally admits he’s made the whole thing up, and was actually chuckles all along.

Im not making it up. What we are going through is normal for a first born I just wish I hadn’t told people about being induced today as I keep having to repeat myself over and over again and people keep asking the same questions that I don’t have answers for.

The Chuckles allegations were cleared up years ago as well.