Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 hours ago, L'immortale Par said:

Stopped at a tyre fitting place yesterday as my tyre monitor thing in the car said I had a puncture. It was a quick fix and as I sat outside with my coffee one of the staff drove it out of the bay. He got out, left the engine running, handed this random bloke the key and said to them “Mr X, that’s your VW ready”. Fortunately Mr X saw me choke on my coffee and appeared to be an honest soul and so didn’t just jump in the car and drive off.

How many keys did you give him?

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

How many keys did you give him?

It's on of those "keyless go" things where you just need the key in the car. Quite easy to get out and leave it running, or for someone (ie Mrs Par) to get dropped off and for me to drive off and the key still in her handbag. 

One for the older go getters like [mention=42397]tree house tam[/mention]. Charlie McDade passed away today, sadly.

just seen this. used to see him in david lloyd’s in monifieth a few years ago. had a blether with him. rip

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Today has been a day of seeing well known people. Gary McAllister held open the door for me at Starbucks on Byres Rd this morning and Frankie Boyle was in the cafe I was in at lunch time.

Weird, cos' both McAllister and Boyle have tweeted that they spotted "that wee Hearts wid fae P&B"............

Back in ninewells with the old crohns disease unfortunately.

Hopefully no more than a week while they get my nutrition and blood levels sorted.

Think i might try a wee coupon every night to focus the mind, and I'll go on the scrounge for BTsport login to get the champions league games.

Is it wrong that I'm not missing my kids yet? I'm more concerned with getting to choose my own bloody menu options. Fish hot pot for dinner? The b*****d in the bed before must've been taking the piss.

This is maybe a daft question but you've said before you still eat the odd thing and I was wondering, do you still get hungry while you're given the injected nutrition?
It's weird. Not really hungry but definitely still a little bit.

The gut (eventually) empties and i guess that's where the chemicals for hunger come from.

It's as much a psychological thing. I love food, making food, feeding the kids new things, sitting having a family meal. It's all in the head.

I'm definitely going to need to eat less as that's what's making me weaker. Might see a psychologist or even bloody hypnotherapist to try and get a bit more control.

2 related things that balance out for this thread, I think.

Had an offer accepted on a house yesterday, which I'm delighted with. However, it's now a rush to get this one on the market, as we weren't planning on moving any time soon, so it's been an exhausting couple of days getting it ready for the photographs and survey. Hopefully it sells quick.

On 24/02/2020 at 07:56, jamamafegan said:

Wild bear roams streets of California neighbourhood https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51597065

We’re here, we’re queer, we don’t want anymore bears!

A large bear animal, most likely a bear has wandered down from the hills....

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Back in ninewells with the old crohns disease unfortunately.

Hopefully no more than a week while they get my nutrition and blood levels sorted.

Think i might try a wee coupon every night to focus the mind, and I'll go on the scrounge for BTsport login to get the champions league games.

Is it wrong that I'm not missing my kids yet? I'm more concerned with getting to choose my own bloody menu options. Fish hot pot for dinner? The b*****d in the bed before must've been taking the piss.

Surely the nurse would have sorted that before you got in.

That sounds hard work, so much of life revolves around food and drink. Are there things you can manage a small amount of?
It's definitely hard work.

I end up obsessing about what I'm going to eat next and when, trying to convince myself that it's a good thing to do.

There are times when i can pretty much eat and drink as normal. These times are getting more rare as the years pass but less than two years ago i had a ten day holiday in the States with no feeding supplements or anything, and felt great.

It comes and goes. But there are fewer and fewer 'good spells'. A very wise consultant had warned me about that as the crohns just slowly fucks up the gut over the years. Nothing can improve it, it's just a case of trying to hold the disease back or slow it down.

And then there's my nuclear option. The possibility of a small bowel and liver transplant. Can only be done in cambridge and would involve being down there for around two years, numerous surgeries in preparation. Its got a 70% (ish) 10 year survival rate, and even if successful you would know that at any time it could all be rejected at the drop of a hat.

But it would give me a new gut, and one free from disease. I could go laldy with food, and get an improved quality of life if it all worked out.

It's nice to know that bridge exists in the future, but I'm not quite ready to cross it yet.

2 related things that balance out for this thread, I think.
Had an offer accepted on a house yesterday, which I'm delighted with. However, it's now a rush to get this one on the market, as we weren't planning on moving any time soon, so it's been an exhausting couple of days getting it ready for the photographs and survey. Hopefully it sells quick.

I’m in the middle of buying a house as well. As a first time buyer I’m glad I don’t have the hassle of selling at the same time as it’s stressful enough as it is.

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t think I’ve ever posted a poem on P&B, but saw a bit about Slough and a reference to this wonderful poem that I hadn’t read in years.

http://www-cdr.stanford.edu/intuition/Slough.html

Really struggling to find something that rhymes here:

There was an old poster named Granny...