Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Aye but it was back in the day, proper football. 

The post match interview with Ally MacLeod was embarrassing. He was full of pitiful excuses and laughably claimed that if Scotland played like they did in that last game they would have won the world cup. 

13 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Watching Scotland vs Holland from the 78 World Cup.
It's turgid stuff. It's like a preseason friendly. There's no pace or urgency. The Dutch are cloggers.

Aye, but Archie Gemmell!

That inspired me to watch the goal again. Put the tape in but all I got was some guy shagging his missus.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Watching Scotland vs Holland from the 78 World Cup.

It's turgid stuff. It's like a preseason friendly. There's no pace or urgency. The Dutch are cloggers.

When I was a fitba mad laddie in the 1970's, my old Dad would bore me to death by talking about how much better the standard of football was in his era, the 1950's. Fast forward several years and through the wonders of the Internet, I've been able to see some of those 'classic' games from that period and realise what a load of tosh he was spouting. Comparing the two periods, the earlier one was utter pish.

And now history is repeating itself. I haven't seen that game since I watched it live in 1978 but if you had asked me, I would honestly have told you how exciting it was. I'm not doubting you - it's just interesting how the passage of time can alter your perception. 

28 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

When I was a fitba mad laddie in the 1970's, my old Dad would bore me to death by talking about how much better the standard of football was in his era, the 1950's. Fast forward several years and through the wonders of the Internet, I've been able to see some of those 'classic' games from that period and realise what a load of tosh he was spouting. Comparing the two periods, the earlier one was utter pish.

And now history is repeating itself. I haven't seen that game since I watched it live in 1978 but if you had asked me, I would honestly have told you how exciting it was. I'm not doubting you - it's just interesting how the passage of time can alter your perception

Aye, suppose we'll all go through it.

Wee hoose perty going on round the corner and they've been at the singing out the back since about half four. Rick Astley, Enrique Iglesias, I am the music man. The lot. 

They've just sung "You'll never walk alone", twice. 

That's plenty, Polis phoned.*

*I've not really phoned the Polis. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Wee hoose perty going on round the corner and they've been at the singing out the back since about half four. Rick Astley, Enrique Iglesias, I am the music man. The lot. 

They've just sung "You'll never walk alone", twice. 

That's plenty, Polis phoned.*

*I've not really phoned the Polis. 

Even without the lockdown that is criminal.

18 minutes ago, Ylf said:

reached 6 months off the coke. was pretty bad on it most saturday’s. decided enough is enough and have stuck to my guns. feel so much better for it. more money and a clear head as well. slippery road i was on but hopefully through it now. bit embarrassing but it’s the way it is

My Man GIF by memecandy

Well done mate! Keep it up. 

reached 6 months off the coke. was pretty bad on it most saturday’s. decided enough is enough and have stuck to my guns. feel so much better for it. more money and a clear head as well. slippery road i was on but hopefully through it now. bit embarrassing but it’s the way it is

Well done mate! Not embarrassing at all, it’s an addictive substance and you’ve done brilliantly to kick it.

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

Well done you! I’ve kind-of been there myself, where it became a thing pretty much every weekend for many years amongst me and my mates. I personally never had any struggles with weekends without coke (always preferred pills tbh) or stopping it altogether, but over the years I seen it mess up a few folk I know. 

Watching Scotland v USSR at the ‘82 World Cup.

We really did used to be pretty good, didn’t we? Winning 1-0 easily after half time. Going to be an absolute minter when we throw this away.

Graeme Souness really could not have given a f**k if he got the ball, man, or small burrowing animal.

15 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Watching Scotland v USSR at the ‘82 World Cup.

We really did used to be pretty good, didn’t we? Winning 1-0 easily after half time. Going to be an absolute minter when we throw this away.

Graeme Souness really could not have given a f**k if he got the ball, man, or small burrowing animal.

Get ready to shout "Hansen,  you dick*" at the top of your voice.

*other derogatory remarks are perfectly acceptable.

12 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Get ready to shout "Hansen,  you dick*" at the top of your voice.

*other derogatory remarks are perfectly acceptable.

Meh. We’d been very flat for about half an hour before that and didn’t seem to have any spark left until Hansen and Miller’s mix-up. I can’t imagine we’d have found a winner if that hadn’t happened.

Same old story; we didn’t take full advantage when we were on top.