Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I just read that Alyn Smith article, I was expecting a couple of quotable lines that Szamo's Ammo had pulled out for a laugh but the entire thing is a foot stamping tantrummy mess.   :lol:  

I can't quite put my finger on it but we seem to have less impressive people in politics than we used to.  I've heard it said that this is what it's always been like and that what's exposed it is Twitter putting all the petty little beefs, hatreds and jealousies into the open.  There could be something in that but at the same time we seem to have lots of very pompous and self important people as our representatives.  It's not party political, you see it in every party.

Edited by ICTChris

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I just read that Alyn Smith article, I was expecting a couple of quotable lines that Szamo's Ammo had pulled out for a laugh but the entire thing is a foot stamping tantrummy mess.   :lol:  

I can't quite put my finger on it but we seem to have less impressive people in politics than we used to.  I've heard it said that this is what it's always been like and that what's exposed it is Twitter putting all the petty little beefs, hatreds and jealousies into the open.  There could be something in that but at the same time we seem to have lots of very pompous and self important people as our representatives.  It's not party political, you see it in every party.

My 93 year old Mother was saying the other day that, up till recently, even if you didn't like their politics you had some sense that political big yins had some vague idea of what they were doing. No more. She rates Nicola though.

My 93 year old Mother was saying the other day that, up till recently, even if you didn't like their politics you had some sense that political big yins had some vague idea of what they were doing. No more. She rates Nicola though.

And a cheer went up from passing voters?

From the BBC:

The Bank of England should be trying to track down £50bn of "missing" UK currency, a committee of MPs has said.

The figure amounts to about three-quarters of all UK banknotes in existence.

how though. how do you lose 50 billion pounds worth of notes.

4 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Did it have Polish plates? Saws white(ish) one yesterday and had to double-take. 

To be honest it rattled by and I didn't see the plates. They were made in Poland in the 80s I believe so it could have done. 

20 hours ago, ICTChris said:

100% re less impressive.

There was a boy that died a couple of years ago who's obit I read.  His sister was the inspiration for the Beatles 'Life in a day'.

Their dad....

Sat in the House of Lords for 72 fucking years, and never said a fucking word.

No matter your political beliefs, you gotta admit that's brilliant.

10 hours ago, Manifesto said:

100% re less impressive.

There was a boy that died a couple of years ago who's obit I read.  His sister was the inspiration for the Beatles 'Life in a day'.

Their dad....

Sat in the House of Lords for 72 fucking years, and never said a fucking word.

No matter your political beliefs, you gotta admit that's brilliant.

Man after my own heart. £305 pounds a day for turning up for a subsidised breakfast or lunch and fucking off home. 

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Man after my own heart. £305 pounds a day for turning up for a subsidised breakfast or lunch and fucking off home. 

Seventy two fucking years.

It takes a while to actually realise how long it was, and what he went through, without opening his mouth.

1927-1999 in The Lords.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominick_Browne,_4th_Baron_Oranmore_and_Browne