Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Wasn't sure whether this has already been mentioned / to put this in "What Are You Drinking ?" or here. Decided on here. Absolutely bizarre way to celebrate killing your enemy, to wit, a celebratory drink out of his prosthetic leg.

So, P&B, are the Aussie SAS well within the bounds of taste and decency or are they guilty of war crimes as defined in the Geneva Convention ?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/01/photo-reveals-australian-soldier-drinking-dead-taliban-prosthetic-leg

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/03/commanders-who-ignored-australian-soldiers-drinking-from-taliban-fighters-prosthetic-leg-must-be-accountable-senator

"Under section 268.81 of the commonwealth criminal code, the taking of property without the consent of the owner may be classified as the war crime of pillaging, which carries a penalty of 20 years’ jail time, former military lawyer Glenn Kolomeitz said."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Did any actor ever make the crossover from Rab C Nesbit to Chewin the Fat? 
And if not, why not? 

Julie Wilson-Nimmo (Greg Hemphill’s missus) played Gash’s girlfriend Sally, when he was poisoned by chemical sewage, on a Nesbitt family trip to the Lake District (presumably based on the Sellafield plant). The episode was titled ‘Fuel’.

14 hours ago, mizfit said:

Unfortunately not, my box of wires and cables is still in my old bedroom at my parents.

I have no idea how, I can only presume it was jammed under the television unit and slightly worn, before she’s Yanked it completely.

Be very wary if she offers you a hand job...

@Raidernation Image result for still game gif

Edited by Jacksgranda

A man named after Adolf Hitler has won a local election in Namibia - but insists he has no plans for world domination yet.

Uunona Adolf Hitler, 54, was elected as a local politician for the town of Ompundja, in the north of the country, with 85% of the vote.

However, Mr Uunona - as he prefers to be called - says that despite his unfortunate namesake, he has no plans to take over the world

skynews-uunona-adolf-hitler_5193692.jpg?

Speaking to the German news website Bild, he said his father gave him the name without understanding who the Nazi leader was or what he stood for.

Namibia is a former German colony, so it is not unusual for streets, places and people to have German names

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Wasn't sure whether this has already been mentioned / to put this in "What Are You Drinking ?" or here. Decided on here. Absolutely bizarre way to celebrate killing your enemy, to wit, a celebratory drink out of his prosthetic leg.

So, P&B, are the Aussie SAS well within the bounds of taste and decency or are they guilty of war crimes as defined in the Geneva Convention ?

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/01/photo-reveals-australian-soldier-drinking-dead-taliban-prosthetic-leg

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/03/commanders-who-ignored-australian-soldiers-drinking-from-taliban-fighters-prosthetic-leg-must-be-accountable-senator

"Under section 268.81 of the commonwealth criminal code, the taking of property without the consent of the owner may be classified as the war crime of pillaging, which carries a penalty of 20 years’ jail time, former military lawyer Glenn Kolomeitz said."

https://www.vox.com/22021226/australia-china-afghanistan-tweet

People say that those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones but why not if you can have good patter out of it?

I saw a Fiat 126 in Chambers Street yesterday.

They were the boxy tiny Fiats you got in the 1980s- smaller than the Uno or the Panda they were the ones that even a certain diminutive Falkirk poster would struggle to fit into.

I thought they'd all rusted away years ago.

They were the boxy tiny Fiats you got in the 1980s- smaller than the Uno or the Panda they were the ones that even a certain diminutive Falkirk poster would struggle to fit into.

I had a mate who had one, tremendous fun to drive

Big fan of this wee meltdown from Alyn Smith in The National:

WELL, I told you they wanted me out and they succeeded. Here, evidently, is where loyalty to the leadership of my party, to party policy and to the cause of independence gets me.

You’ve won. Congratulations. Now it’s on you to deliver.

IMG_20201204_090533.thumb.jpg.5fb6bfb889d3095dfc57b7ff63e2a912.jpg

Excellent stuff. 

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Did it have Polish plates? Saws white(ish) one yesterday and had to double-take. 

9 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Whatever did happen to that racist p***k?

image.jpeg.fcebf18bb648192f940673b68e54fdb8.jpeg

Went bankrupt, tried to emigrate to Hungary, Orban banned him as a national security risk. Now gone full Trumpy and claiming Covid vaccine is a plan to sterilise us all.