Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

23 hours ago, 101 said:

Thanks yeh it was a bit of crossed wires one conductor said it was wee shites running about in the tunnels between Waverly and Haymarket and another said there was a body on the track but obviously neither were true.

The staff did the best last night but it was completely haphazard.

Yeah, unfortunately that's the nature of the beast early on in these type of incidents. Once the emergency services require the power off it takes out huge areas. If there's time it's possible to be more precise but if there is threat to life that's out the window.....The wires give a bit more than a tingle at 25kV.......

Getting the person help takes priority and sometimes early reports can be inaccurate which is why you can get different stories. 

Train company staff will always be doing their best to get folks on the move however they can whilst Network Rail and the emergency services are dealing with the incident. 

Just wanted to say, I had a charity bet with @Cardle is Magicand had reposted it a few times thinking he was laying low but the big man did pull through in the end and private messaged me the screenshot of the dono. 

Got to say publically that is top tier behaviour. Credit where it's due. 

Just wanted to say, I had a charity bet with [mention=81051]Cardle is Magic[/mention]and had reposted it a few times thinking he was laying low but the big man did pull through in the end and private messaged me the screenshot of the dono. 
Got to say publically that is top tier behaviour. Credit where it's due. 

Paying out on a bet is not top tier behaviour, it's bare minimum behaviour.

On 15/08/2021 at 17:32, welshbairn said:

Using gifs of football managers or celebrity chefs every fucking post should be banned imo, whatever the skin colour.

See the source image  @Duszek  See the source image

Edited by Jacksgranda

10 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I notice that Celtic have an English feeder team called West Allotment Celtic, at least they'll have something to lift at the end of the season.

HOMEPAGE | website (westallotmentcelticfc.co.uk)

I've been to their old ground at Northumberland FA HQ. They got papped out, unable to pay the rent there. Homeless for a while but moved in to a new ground this season.

Very nice people with absolutely no interest in other teams called Celtic or their origins.

I've never been a fan of Jeremy Clarkson (I've never been not a fan either), as I'm totally uninterested in motor cars and never watched Top Gear, or any other programme he was in, as far as I remember.

However, granddaughter nr 5 was down for a visit and stuck on Clarkson's Farm, a series about a year on his farm. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It also gave Clarkson a chance to drive massive agricultural machines which he thoroughly enjoyed.

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've never been a fan of Jeremy Clarkson (I've never been not a fan either), as I'm totally uninterested in motor cars and never watched Top Gear, or any other programme he was in, as far as I remember.

However, granddaughter nr 5 was down for a visit and stuck on Clarkson's Farm, a series about a year on his farm. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It also gave Clarkson a chance to drive massive agricultural machines which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Best series I've watched this year. Thoroughly enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think there are a lot of people in this boat. Not a fan of Top Gear, not a fan of Clarkson, but this series seems to be very different for them. 

best show I've seen all year.

It essentially is just Top Gear but for farming instead of cars. Exact same writing, same type of predictable comedy, it's just that the people in the show are a lot more likeable than James May or Richard Hammond (and I say that as someone who quite likes James May). 

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It essentially is just Top Gear but for farming instead of cars. Exact same writing, same type of predictable comedy, it's just that the people in the show are a lot more likeable than James May or Richard Hammond (and I say that as someone who quite likes James May). 

MEEEEEOW..... Have some of that Richard Hammond

55 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

His Japanese thing put me off James May a bit, so up his own arse and smirking at the funny Japanese customs.