Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
19 minutes ago, coprolite said:
No evidence this guy was an incel as such is there? 
Common or garden VL. 

He's stated that he's not getting his hole and he'd desperately like to. That's the definition of incel, no?

Not according to some other posters, no. 

I'm not an expert on incel culture due to being attractive, charming and practically drowning in clunge so i'm going to pass on this point. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The police just gave a press conference, sounds like most of the victims weren't known to the victim.  He shot and killed a very young girl in the park and her male relative.  Absolutely horrific.

Here's a quick Twitter thread on the incel movement and what they are and believe (in so much as you can generalise it).  Covers some of the stuff that Moonster mentioned.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
29 minutes ago, coprolite said:
No evidence this guy was an incel as such is there? 
Common or garden VL. 

He's stated that he's not getting his hole and he'd desperately like to. That's the definition of incel, no?

HTH

HTH
Involuntary celibacy is involuntary celibacy regardless of what other things people may attach to it though. If I start a movement called Black Haired Scotsmen, other Scotsmen with black hair don't stop being so just because they don't follow the tenets of my organisation.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Scotrail canceling all services from 23:00 from Edinburgh due to an incident. Feel for the folk stuck in the tunnel.

We have made it to the market Street entrance, happy days.

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

E8wZE9QWEAITSkV?format=jpg&name=medium

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Must be a fire sale on Benny.

C322116D-5EFC-4CEA-BC2F-63775351E84B.jpeg

Is this one of those “do you see a blue dinosaur or gold dinosaur” things that occasionally sweeps the news for weeks?

20 hours ago, 101 said:

Scotrail canceling all services from 23:00 from Edinburgh due to an incident. Feel for the folk stuck in the tunnel.

18 hours ago, 101 said:

We have made it to the market Street entrance, happy days.

Not sure if you heard the reason last night or not but this is why everything stopped. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-man-rushed-hospital-after-21310672

3 minutes ago, mac.i said:

Not sure if you heard the reason last night or not but this is why everything stopped. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-man-rushed-hospital-after-21310672

Thanks yeh it was a bit of crossed wires one conductor said it was wee shites running about in the tunnels between Waverly and Haymarket and another said there was a body on the track but obviously neither were true.

The staff did the best last night but it was completely haphazard.

Is digital blackface harmless or problematic? In simple terms it’s these hyper-exaggerated reaction gifs that feature black celebs or internet figures.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a33278412/digital-blackface/

Maybe it’s harmless but I think folk should take the time to read the article above and at least think before posting them. It certainly made me think more about them anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Is digital blackface harmless or problematic? In simple terms it’s these hyper-exaggerated reaction gifs that feature black celebs or internet figures.

Maybe it’s harmless but I think folk should take the time to read the article above and at least think before posting them. It certainly made me think more about them anyway. 

Lot of shite 

Humans have expressive faces. This isn't unique or selective to certain races. Attempting to gatekeep who can and can't express themselves with out of context pictures from the internet is both a waste of time because it's never going to happen, and it'll just undermine any attempt at racial harmony because a miniscule proportion of the people targeted will think it's an appropriate or necessary way to think.

Alternatively, to use a favourite of the covid thread:

Slams Door GIFs | Tenor

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Bad news for v.kington.

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Lot of shite 

Humans have expressive faces. This isn't unique or selective to certain races. Attempting to gatekeep who can and can't express themselves with out of context pictures from the internet is both a waste of time because it's never going to happen, and it'll just undermine any attempt at racial harmony because a miniscule proportion of the people targeted will think it's an appropriate or necessary way to think.

Alternatively, to use a favourite of the covid thread:

Slams Door GIFs | Tenor

image.png.97da950418b95d98f2c48f8eb078cee1.png

40 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

All GIFs and memes are exaggerated behaviour like Kenneth. 

I do think some folk on here go a bit over the top with certain "characters" but don't think these posters are racist. 

Although I hate to say it I think it's "PC gone mad" there are a lot more issues with racial inequality than folk choosing GIFs and memes through the lens of "is this racist"

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

This came up 3 or 4 years ago on YouTube and was roundly laughed off the site. H3H3 had a particularly funny video about it and "digital jewface". 

It's obviously nonsense, this is the part that's the largest leap

"digital blackface is actually pretty problematic because it perpetuates negative stereotypes about Black people—that they’re overly-animated, loud, aggressive, angry, hypersexual, and much more"