Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I must have set up email accounts in Outlook hundreds, if not thousands of times, but I've only just noticed that Microsoft helpfully gives an example of what to put in the "Your Name" field, just in case you're struggling.

Outlook.png.d1d806ac1c7af6d6b0145db5b996556f.png

24 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Some steamers protesting against something tried to force their way into Edinburgh Castle claiming they were taking it back under "Article 61 of Magna Carta".

The 1215 document of Magna Carta as agreed by the English barons and the English King John did not apply to the independent mediaeval Kingdom of Scotland.

Ignorant cnuts.

And Article  Chapter 61 was deleted in subsequent versions, it only existed for a year. All very fine if you were an English baron back in 1215 though.

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Some steamers protesting against something tried to force their way into Edinburgh Castle claiming they were taking it back under "Article 61 of Magna Carta".

The 1215 document of Magna Carta as agreed by the English barons and the English King John did not apply to the independent mediaeval Kingdom of Scotland.

Ignorant cnuts.

Was this not the article that some of facebook's finest legal minds used to convince a hairdresser to ignore lockdown rules and stay open? She ended up fined thousands. 

People will believe any old shite. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Was this not the article that some of facebook's finest legal minds used to convince a hairdresser to ignore lockdown rules and stay open? She ended up fined thousands. 

People will believe any old shite. 

Yeah.  It was something to do with having the right to choose which laws you followed.  Nutjobs have been quoting it a lot recently.  Trying to use a non-existent English law in Scotland is next level kinds of stupid though.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Yeah.  It was something to do with having the right to choose which laws you followed.  Nutjobs have been quoting it a lot recently.  Trying to use a non-existent English law in Scotland is next level kinds of stupid though.

Agreed. 

If you do ever meet a "freeman of the land" remember that they don't consent to laws that would prevent you from kicking a citizen in the nuts. 

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If it's a once off it's probably just a memory lapse. In all seriousness, if it becomes more frequent I'd be seeing a doctor.

It was like the walking into a room and forgetting why you went in type moments. I'm not that worried but I'll definitely take your advice if it becomes a frequent thing. Cheers!

19 hours ago, the snudge said:

Just went to make a coffee the usual way and just got an overwhelming thought that I was doing it all wrong and was totally confused for a couple of seconds. What the f**k is that all about? 

Serious question, and probably veering into P&B Hospital thread territory - Do you often experience feelings of deja-vu?

7 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Serious question, and probably veering into P&B Hospital thread territory - Do you often experience feelings of deja-vu?

Probably once a week or two weeks I reckon. I do have medication that might be needing tweaked slightly. This could be a side affect of that. I'm relatively young (I think)

20 hours ago, the snudge said:

Just went to make a coffee the usual way and just got an overwhelming thought that I was doing it all wrong and was totally confused for a couple of seconds. What the f**k is that all about? 

I get that all the time, along with other doddery-auld-fart symptoms. Doctor thinks it might be a B-12 deficiency.

Been waiting for an appointment at the health centre to get bloods taken for a full month now, which is frankly more worrying than losing my mind.

Edit: Serious question, and probably veering into P&B Hospital thread territory - Do you often experience feelings of deja-vu?

Edited by BFTD

28 minutes ago, philpy said:

I'm a doddery bugger at times , twice this week I've put a tin of juice to my ear and my phone to my mouth. 

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Trying to put the kettle in the fridge or milk on the rest for the kettle is just normal morning stuff that comes with age. 

I'm older than most on here and I don't do stuff like that.

Wondering why I'm in the kitchen and having to go back into the living room, that's more my style.