Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Brian Adams’ Everything I Do has just hit number one on TOTP 1991. I’m excited to find out what’s in store for second last tune over the next few episodes.

Wasn't that the year after Albion Rovers won the league? 

It might have been the year before

3 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Wasn't that the year after Albion Rovers won the league? 

It might have been the year before

1989. Alloa came up with you. They reconcreted the terrace and it was used for Rovers' First Division stay. I stood on it when Meadowbank played at Cliftonhill.

I wonder when that terrace was last used for paying punters.

11 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Brian Adams’ Everything I Do has just hit number one on TOTP 1991. I’m excited to find out what’s in store for second last tune over the next few episodes.

Wasn't I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred second for about a dozen weeks or something?  :lol:

19 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Wasn't I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred second for about a dozen weeks or something?  :lol:

6 or 7, I think. Here’s the charts the week it got punted down to number 5:

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/19910922/7501/

It’s fair to say that music was better back then. A fair number of absolute classics in one tiny snapshot, and for just about every taste too. 

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

1989. Alloa came up with you. They reconcreted the terrace and it was used for Rovers' First Division stay. I stood on it when Meadowbank played at Cliftonhill.

I wonder when that terrace was last used for paying punters.

It was used in April 2003 when Morton visited, losing to an injury time goal from a 27 stone Mark Yardley because Morton. 

I'm not sure how they accomodated Airdrie fans in their couple of years of derbies in League One. As they've moved their Old Firm cup ties elsewhere there can't have been too many opportunities to use it recently. 

I saw this number plate on a BMW on Queensferry Road today. LY07LAB

Perhaps someone who likes Labrador dugs but all I could think was it looks like "BALL OYL" in the mirror and I wondered if this was a new male grooming product.

Need to explain a couple of things for this one. I've admitted in the past to being a Laurel and Hardy fan, and that I go to conventions once a year (when there isn't a pandemic on) to get pissed with fellow fans. At these gatherings we wear fezzes after one of the L&H films where they were members of a club which did the same thing. 

At such a convention some years ago this car drove past the pub where we'd just been watching a film show.

Numberplate.jpg

22 hours ago, virginton said:

It was used in April 2003 when Morton visited, losing to an injury time goal from a 27 stone Mark Yardley because Morton. 

I'm not sure how they accomodated Airdrie fans in their couple of years of derbies in League One. As they've moved their Old Firm cup ties elsewhere there can't have been too many opportunities to use it recently. 

Yeah, that was the last time it was used. How Yardley got down to head that one in a foot off the ground remains one of the wonders of nature.

Airdrie get all parts of the ground east of the tunnel and there is a barrier put in place. They enter by the same turnstile block though. I'm sure we had the same arrangements in place last time we played the Ton too.

Need to explain a couple of things for this one. I've admitted in the past to being a Laurel and Hardy fan, and that I go to conventions once a year (when there isn't a pandemic on) to get pissed with fellow fans. At these gatherings we wear fezzes after one of the L&H films where they were members of a club which did the same thing. 
At such a convention some years ago this car drove past the pub where we'd just been watching a film show.
Numberplate.jpg.e0ac51efef6d9d8d3e7ea5c3a322fe64.jpg

You're a Son of the Desert!