Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

@Jacksgranda this brings back very vivid memories for me. My wife's ex husband (who once appealed a CSA decision that he needed to pay £4 per week) would buy my younger step-daughter clothes and toys that would be kept only at his house (she visited every second weekend - 2 days out of 14). Even stuff she really liked she wasn't allowed to bring home. 

I've not spoken too much about her but we have reconnected a lot recently. She was always close to her elder sister (my oldest step-daughter).  She had been living with her dad since she was about 11 or so, and we pretty much lost contact through her teenage years. She and her dad had a huge falling out last Christmas and she moved in with my eldest step-daughter, just 5 minutes away from us. So this year we have been able to reconnect a bit. She is 21 now.

She even got herself a job and I made a point of stopping by to tell her I was proud of her for that. 

But her dad's pettiness carries on even today. Earlier this year the NHS sent the blue letter to his house. He phoned her to say that she needed to come back to his house and clean the room she used to live in and pay past digs that she apparently owed. She refused, and then he told her - your blue letter is here. You need to come and get it, and while you are here pay me this money. This was in the days before drop-in centres and the likes. He could have read her ID to her over the phone, or texted it, allowing her to go online and get an appointment near where she lives now. But no. 

She went to Perth where he stays - and as a result I am certain that all Perth folk are weird - and collected the letter, got her vaccine and paid him what he was asking for. The same day she got a new sim card, a new number and never gave it to him. She has cut him off completely. 

Things are still a bit strange with us. We talk, but a lot of it is small talk. Strangely she talks to me more than her mum. 

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

@Jacksgranda this brings back very vivid memories for me. My wife's ex husband (who once appealed a CSA decision that he needed to pay £4 per week) would buy my younger step-daughter clothes and toys that would be kept only at his house (she visited every second weekend - 2 days out of 14). Even stuff she really liked she wasn't allowed to bring home. 

I've not spoken too much about her but we have reconnected a lot recently. She was always close to her elder sister (my oldest step-daughter).  She had been living with her dad since she was about 11 or so, and we pretty much lost contact through her teenage years. She and her dad had a huge falling out last Christmas and she moved in with my eldest step-daughter, just 5 minutes away from us. So this year we have been able to reconnect a bit. She is 21 now.

She even got herself a job and I made a point of stopping by to tell her I was proud of her for that. 

But her dad's pettiness carries on even today. Earlier this year the NHS sent the blue letter to his house. He phoned her to say that she needed to come back to his house and clean the room she used to live in and pay past digs that she apparently owed. She refused, and then he told her - your blue letter is here. You need to come and get it, and while you are here pay me this money. This was in the days before drop-in centres and the likes. He could have read her ID to her over the phone, or texted it, allowing her to go online and get an appointment near where she lives now. But no. 

She went to Perth where he stays - and as a result I am certain that all Perth folk are weird - and collected the letter, got her vaccine and paid him what he was asking for. The same day she got a new sim card, a new number and never gave it to him. She has cut him off completely. 

Things are still a bit strange with us. We talk, but a lot of it is small talk. Strangely she talks to me more than her mum. 

It's all about trying to control the other person

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

Whenever redundancy is discussed on P&B my mind is fondly cast back to when a Falkirk-based moderator revealed that his wife had been given the old heave-ho by her employer. The legendary Lichtie4Life's attempt to console with the line 'at least she'll have more time for herself'  was not received well.

5 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Shitty day watching the emails coming in as friends and colleagues are getting fired. 

That’s poor on multiple levels, the time of year and by email, not face to face (probably corporate-speak excusable just now) but not even by phone?

Didn’t @Paco start a thread about poor corporate behaviour through the pandemic? Is it related/being dressed up as covid related, or am I reaching?