Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Stepson and his wife just arrived in Bangkok, phoned his mum this morning just as he was sitting down for his dinner to say everything re Covid testing etc had gone smooth as clockwork.

@SlipperyP

Edited by Jacksgranda

Was educating a Canadian guy about international football when someone introduced himself to me as an Israeli, I immediately replied "Israel, we are fucking sick of you!" forgetting he didn't know i was Scottish and had been talking about football. Quite pleased I didn't get a smack in the pus.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Great Twitter thread about how bears and humans are natural allies.

When looking at a Bear they usually say "what the f*ck are you staring at, ya cnut"

I feel no connection or kinship with them. They might be Brothers and full of spirits but they ain't my spiritual brother.

Just now, tamthebam said:

When looking at a Bear they usually say "what the f*ck are you staring at, ya cnut"

I feel no connection or kinship with them. They might be Brothers and full of spirits but they ain't my spiritual brother.

You have been added to the list of traitors who will be eaten on day one of the Great Bear-Human Reunification.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You have been added to the list of traitors who will be eaten on day one of the Great Bear-Human Reunification.

I'll be taken out by the East Lothian Marmalade sandwich eating Tory voting Grizzly- 

Haddington Bear.

BTW What do you call a bear with no paw

Spoiler

Rupert the b*****d

18 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Was educating a Canadian guy about international football when someone introduced himself to me as an Israeli, I immediately replied "Israel, we are fucking sick of you!" forgetting he didn't know i was Scottish and had been talking about football. Quite pleased I didn't get a smack in the pus.

Reminds me of a very old story.

I went to The Damned in Nottingham on my own in 1979. I was on a course there. Got talking to a couple of guys. I lied that I was a bit hard-core and followed loads of bands. They were so impressed they asked if I wanted to go to a gig with them later. It was a RAR gig. Still trying to be cool, I told them RAR were shite and I wouldn't be seen dead near it.

They explained RAR was Rock Against Racism, not a band. I tried to backtrack but I think the damage was done.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Reminds me of a very old story.

I went to The Fanned in Nottingham on my own in 1979. I was in a course there. Got talking to a couple of guys. I lied that I was a bit hard-core and followed loads of bands. They were so impressed they asked if I wanted to go to a gig with them later. It was a RAR gig. Still trying to be cool, I told them RAR were shite and I wouldn't be seen dead near it.

They explained RAR was Rock Against Racism, not a band. I tried to backtrack but I think the damage was done.

Hiya Eric, hiya pal. 🙂

Apparently Kindergarten Cop got a direct to video sequel a few years ago

Federal agent Zack Reed and his partner Sanders are pursuing a dangerous criminal leader who has discovered a copy of the FBI witness protection database. The file has been stored on a USB "flash" drive by a now-deceased kindergarten teacher. None of the staff or students know where the drive is, so Reed applies for the role of teacher to the bereaved class.

The school has a very liberal/modern perspective on teaching and managing children which is, at first, quite awkward to Reed's more straightforward ways. With some assistance from Sanders (father of five), Reed learns to lead the class in a more relational and emotionally-aware way. Reed's co-teacher in kindergarten, Olivia is an attractive single woman. Reed asks her out on a date and they begin to connect romantically.

Reed and Olivia's classes compete for a "capture the flag" competition which Reed's class wins once he explains a "trojan horse" strategy to the kids. The criminal leader, Zogu, captures the FBI surveillance van and discovers the crucial role of the children. He finds the USB drive with the children on a field trip, but they manage to surprise him with their trojan horse attack strategy.

The drive is returned to the FBI and the kids celebrate their victory with their parents.

Sounds like a hoot!

@Boghead ranter my local roads guy.... Get yourself down to ASDA at Stenny. There is a frankly baffling deployment of about 4  or 5 car park attendants marshalling the give ways in the car park. I mean genuinely stopping cars coming from the entrance, waving people out of the various give ways etc. 

Its quite the display of strangeness. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

@Boghead ranter my local roads guy.... Get yourself down to ASDA at Stenny. There is a frankly baffling deployment of about 4  or 5 car park attendants marshalling the give ways in the car park. I mean genuinely stopping cars coming from the entrance, waving people out of the various give ways etc. 

Its quite the display of strangeness. 

I just experienced it 30 mins ago! 🤦‍♂️