Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Climate change activists - or fucking morons as they are know are supposedly on a campaign around major cities deflating and slashing tyres on SUV's and other 'highly polluting' vehicles. Do they not realise that the energy to manufacture new replacement items which are then shipped halfway around the world is probably going to create more environmental damage than those cars would produce if left alone.

Another example of the huge holes in the 'activists' approach and ideology.

2 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Climate change activists - or fucking morons as they are know are supposedly on a campaign around major cities deflating and slashing tyres on SUV's and other 'highly polluting' vehicles. Do they not realise that the energy to manufacture new replacement items which are then shipped halfway around the world is probably going to create more environmental damage than those cars would produce if left alone.

I'm all for trying to combat climate change but idiots like that need fucking thrown in the sea. 

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I greenied as it was a play on words, chief. Sorry for any offence caused. 

I kind of expected to be playing in the LL next week anyway. The questions have been unkind to me lately.

The questions have been unkind to me for over 8 years. I'm starting to think maybe I'm stupid...

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

The questions have been unkind to me for over 8 years. I'm starting to think maybe I'm stupid...

Nah. The question-setter knows you, that's all. It is a personal beef he has with you.

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I had seen the clip in the stand a few times, but I had never heard the backstory that Ian Wright then told on Desert Island Discs

Definitely someone cutting onions

Yeah it's an extremely easy meme to use but it's a lovely wee video. 

The thread "Normal Island" is funny to me because I think most of the stuff posted could happen pretty much everywhere else in the Western world. I think the term refers to heads melting and weird type of social media stuff but can generally be applied elsewhere. 

A great example being this video. 

I don't have any greater general point to make here I just really wanted an excuse to post the video. 

Quite the story in the Kentucky Derby. Horse bought for only $30,000 is 21st in the rankings so misses out on entry. Gets a call the day before the race saying another horse has pulled out. Given the worst starting position it comes from way back in the field to win at 80-1.

I'm not really into horse racing at all, but when sport is good it's good.

43 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Quite the story in the Kentucky Derby. Horse bought for only $30,000 is 21st in the rankings so misses out on entry. Gets a call the day before the race saying another horse has pulled out. Given the worst starting position it comes from way back in the field to win at 80-1.

Not sure of anyone here is a Hunter S Thompson fan, but his story "The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved", written in the late 60s, is just fantastic. 

That's unreal.

I love how the commentator's voice breaks as he was clearly caught out by the late run. You can't really blame him, though. In

On 11/05/2022 at 14:52, bdu98196 said:

Yes, just redistribute wealth by nicking the tyres and selling them cheap. Also finds a use for any bricks that are lying about. 

59 minutes ago, mathematics said:

You should be allowed to cut people who talk throughout gigs. 

I cannot agree enough. There's been two occasions, Graham Coxon at King Tuts and Pulp at Leeds Festival and it's got to a point where I've been stood next to arseholes who would not shut up yet I'm the bad guy for telling them to shut the f**k up or take a toe to the bollocks. I'm with @virginton, sometimes some people just need a truncheon to the face 

Edited by Bert Raccoon