Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Everything I need is over at the job. The jobs at an airport. I've to take the ferry. :lol:

Indiana Jones music

*slow red line crosses the sea*

12 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

He's found a signal and yup, it's 6 seats along from me. FML.

He's got the hurdy gurdy accent too. 😩

Download a movie on your device, that has a fair chance of screwing up his connection?

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I was recently on an interview panel. People applying for jobs as Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors. 

The number of people who used comic sans as the font for their CVs is really surprising.

That’s good: saves you reading the content.

I often find myself making 'faces' when sitting alone at home. It's like my face is an ill fitting mask and I'm stretching it out or testing it. I often don't even realise I'm doing it.

When I'm not doing it I often find I'm clenching my jaw or teeth and have to make a conscious effort to not do so. It's like the default is clenching and I need to focus to not do so.

There was a guy with a White Power tattoo emblazoned across his back at Lochee Swimming baths today. 

Lochee is multi-cultural these days (not that that should necessarily come into the equation) , big Nigerian community. 

Should I fire off an email to Dundee Council, or maybe confront the racist fucker and risk getting my head kicked in? 

There are black and Asian families using the pool on a regular basis. 

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

There was a guy with a White Power tattoo emblazoned across his back at Lochee Swimming baths today. 

Lochee is multi-cultural these days (not that that should necessarily come into the equation) , big Nigerian community. 

Should I fire off an email to Dundee Council, or maybe confront the racist fucker and risk getting my head kicked in? 

Kinda feel that might get taken care of in the freedom of expression doesn’t mean freedom from consequence kinda way. Either a complaint will be lodged, or some of that self same “big” Nigerian community might engage the lad in some constructive discussion and fistacuffs.

The ugly reality is your complaint would likely be shrugged off, unfairly, unless your demo is targeted by said tattoos. On the other hand, the sheer fin of seeing him possibly have to swim while wearing a coverup of some sort might be worth the blether.

7 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Confront him, then report back if it resulted in a doing. 

7 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Maybe he doesn't know it's a white power thing? Maybe he thinks it says

❤️ Senga 

17 hours ago, Venti said:

Indiana Jones music

*slow red line crosses the sea*

Every time I try to hum this in my head, I end up humming the Superman and Star Wars themes first. Sometimes, like now, it stops me remembering what the IJ one goes like.

Seriously, try humming all three one after the other...

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Every time I try to hum this in my head, I end up humming the Superman and Star Wars themes first. Sometimes, like now, it stops me remembering what the IJ one goes like.

Seriously, try humming all three one after the other...

I'm a total nerd so I can do it easily and hum the Batman (89) theme after.