Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Buzzard attack leaves runner with six holes in his head - BBC News

Runners- bothered by avian attacks from broody buzzards? Foil these feathered fiends with German bonce protection technology: Vorsprung durch Pickelhaube

otto.jpg.485203cf99fc58539183207c9f9eb49d.jpg

"They don't like it up 'em" - Otto Von Bismarck

Is that the electric one?

I've spent the past few days thinking about @Dee Dee and a few other mates that got lost along their way and just being an emotional wreck watching family reunion videos and the sort. Anyway, because of the guy I tagged I searched out a video he introduced me to and this was the first comment.

IMG_20230516_175147.thumb.jpg.6cb8a56e285839ea202a8b5cc29e83e9.jpg

And I burst out into a fit of laughter. B said something very similar like "Boy can sing like, looks like a fucking dug getting eaten by a crocodile when he dances though". 

We then spent the rest of the night barking at people wearing Lacoste. :lol:

Spoiler

Enjoy.

I miss my mate.

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

It was a tree he rattled his motor off and I don’t know that there was a bird involved 

I was more referring to him choosing a bird (and a snake and an apple) over eternal life.

We may be thinking about different Adams

50 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How computer games encourage kids to spend cash - BBC News

Perhaps one for PTTGOYN but "articles" which treat video games like something aliens have brought to the planet in the last five minutes.

TBF, the psychological manipulation of kids to empty their parents' bank accounts through stealth is something that the older generation of gamers won't have been expecting. To people whose last gaming experience was Street Fighter II, microtransactions and loot boxes must seem completely alien, never mind games being made less fun so people will pay extra to avoid playing them as much (how the f**k did that become normalised).

I don't have much of a problem with more warnings that game publishers are rapacious sharks pulling out all the stops to fool people into giving them more money, even if it seems obvious to those of us still playing.

2 minutes ago, BTFD said:

TBF, the psychological manipulation of kids to empty their parents' bank accounts through stealth is something that the older generation of gamers won't have been expecting. To people whose last gaming experience was Street Fighter II, microtransactions and loot boxes must seem completely alien, never mind games being made less fun so people will pay extra to avoid playing them as much (how the f**k did that become normalised).

I don't have much of a problem with more warnings that game publishers are rapacious sharks pulling out all the stops to fool people into giving them more money, even if it seems obvious to those of us still playing.

Yes, but it rings somewhat hollow when someone who lives in Barbados is complaining about Leif spending all his pocket money on Robux.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Yes, but it rings somewhat hollow when someone who lives in Barbados is complaining about Leif spending all his pocket money on Robux.

I hadn't picked up on that aspect  :lol:

12 hours ago, BTFD said:

My son is a fan of Roblox and  I used to buy him a fivers worth of Robux a month.  He was banned a few times for being an arsehole, fair enough.  I then discovered that all the stuff he's bought was lost.  Bandits. 

Edited by hk blues

7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

My son is a fan of Roblox and  I used to buy him a fivers worth of Robux a month.  He was banned a few times for being an arsehole, fair enough.  I then discovered that all the stuff he's bought was lost.  Bandits. 

Aye, that's an even broader issue than computer games - people/companies having the ability to hit the kill switch on digital property. There have been so many games already that "sold" digital items and no longer exist because it stopped being profitable. You're always, always just buying the right to access things for as long as the providers decide you can. Years ago, there was a Steam-style storefront that mainly sold games from smaller, independent creators (I forget the name of it now). It wasn't hugely popular and the company behind it eventually folded, with everybody losing the games they'd bought through it.

It'll inevitably happen to a bigger service someday, and it's not just an issue about losing our own "property". I'm not a massive fan of Netflix's own content, for example, but when their credit dries up and it has to close, we could end up back in a similar situation to the pre-home video era: hundreds of film/shows that become unavailable, with third parties left to create archives for future use.

14 hours ago, BTFD said:

It's very misleading, kids (in my world) don't have money, they ask for money from their parent/uncle and so on....

As you say, the older generation (me) never had the problem of cash for getting better, we were just shite at the gamr and it got binned or we became the masters of our own room.

My son 10, kens the rules, you can play but we don't pay. Simple. There is millions of websites for free games, the pay to be better games which he plays 'freefire'. 

He sees me playing Championship manager and  or online pool, no money and loving and hating it all, he's cool with this situation.

In the short, its the parents that can't control, not the kids.

Edited by SlipperyP