Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

13 hours ago, hk blues said:

Where I am all children are given their mother's maiden name as their middle name.  When a women get's married she changes here middle name from mother's maiden to her maiden.  Illegitimate children are not given a middle name which kinda sucks.

Strange…in the U.S., especially in the South, until the 80’s, it was common for a woman to move her maiden name to her middle name when she got married.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Strange…in the U.S., especially in the South, until the 80’s, it was common for a woman to move her maiden name to her middle name when she got married.

Here it's not a choice, it's prescribed. Basically, only the Christian name is optional in the Philippines, middle names and family names are prescribed.  There is the possibility to change a name but the statute seems to suggest this process is in place to enable an error in the birth certificate to be corrected.  My wife had to do this as her birth certificate had her middle name misspelled - her passport however was correct so begging the question how carefully the check documents when issuing passports! My son also has an issue in that his original birth certificate from Hong Kong has no middle name (I didn't intend to give him one) yet his Filipino birth registration and thus passport have a middle name under the prescribed system. 

6 hours ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

And so it begins...

The new modelled German U-Boat IMO. Cheap shots at r merchant navy again.

Reason food prises are sky high in the UK. If this keeps up, expect ration books in the near future.

55 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I for one welcome our new whale overlords, they can't f**k it up any more than we have.

Before they take over, I would like them to get round the table about the prisoner exchange process that they seemed to have ignored. 

29 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

If you or anyone else are uncomfortable with a man having a relationship with an of age person of the same sex then I suggest you are homophobes. 

I'm just very uncomfortable with grown adults being classed as "golden" for shagging 16 year olds.

If that makes me a homophobe ( :lol: ) then I'm comfortable with that, it sure beats being a nonce.