Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

All mine are ebooks these days.  I’ve always been a voracious reader and when we moved abroad I gave away about 1200 books to charity; fortunately there was a place in St Andrews willing to take the lot.

I wish ebooks had been invented about 20 years before they were.

Couldn’t do it, the readers just don’t feel “right”. Not sure exactly what it is, but I just couldn’t comfortably read on an E-reader versus a physical book. What reader/program do you use?

I recently had a crown fitted. (No, a tooth, not royal.) The dentist said that they don't do the plasticine in the gob bit any more, he'd be using a scanner. Wow, how Star Trek I thought.

Turns out the bloody thing was the size of a Sky remote control and he was pushing it against my gums, tongue and roof of my mouth.

New doesn't equal better IMO.

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If I'm being honest, I can't remember the last time I got a de scale done at the dentist. What I do know is, it was never as blindingly painful as it was today. Fairly certain the c**t had about 400 volts going through his wee picker thing 

I think it’s an age thing and your gum margins receding, exposing sensitive areas. I now get the hygienist to numb up my gums before she’s allowed in. Doesn’t alleviate the initial anxiety but after 10mins I’ve become a big brave boy and she can just get on with it. 

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I think it’s an age thing and your gum margins receding, exposing sensitive areas. I now get the hygienist to numb up my gums before she’s allowed in. Doesn’t alleviate the initial anxiety but after 10mins I’ve become a big brave boy and she can just get on with it. 

Huh! Last time I was a brave boy I didn't even get a sticky badge.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Couldn’t do it, the readers just don’t feel “right”. Not sure exactly what it is, but I just couldn’t comfortably read on an E-reader versus a physical book. What reader/program do you use?

Kindle app on my iPad, my wife uses the Kindle white paper.

I couldn’t go back to ‘physical’ books; far too cumbersome and not nearly as practical.

My child and her pals have a stupid thing where if they see a yellow car they say "cheese on wheels" and are allowed to punch each other and she's recently branched out to getting me. I try to get her back if i spot one first. 

Yesterday we went past a car transporter with nine yellow cars on it. Fucking leathered her. 

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

In Braehead, in the ‘X Scape - Sno Zone - WTF is it called these days’ ski slope bit, in the bar/diner, they have a big framed poster for the ski resort ‘w**k’.

Well, there you go P&B… my most interesting post, ever. A low bar, to be fair.

39 minutes ago, coprolite said:

My child and her pals have a stupid thing where if they see a yellow car they say "cheese on wheels" and are allowed to punch each other and she's recently branched out to getting me. I try to get her back if i spot one first. 

Yesterday we went past a car transporter with nine yellow cars on it. Fucking leathered her. 

Sounds like Faatha and Biffa to me

20 hours ago, pozbaird said:

In Braehead, in the ‘X Scape - Sno Zone - WTF is it called these days’ ski slope bit, in the bar/diner, they have a big framed poster for the ski resort ‘w**k’.

Well, there you go P&B… my most interesting post, ever. A low bar, to be fair.

I always chuckle when the cricket is from the big stadium in Mumbai.

Spoiler

Wankhede

lips-are-sealed-picard.gif

On 06/09/2023 at 13:58, Bairnardo said:

If I'm being honest, I can't remember the last time I got a de scale done at the dentist. What I do know is, it was never as blindingly painful as it was today. Fairly certain the c**t had about 400 volts going through his wee picker thing 

Mick McCarthy GIF and Video Gallery | Balls.ie