Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Reminds me of when Scott was about 13 and had a load of spots on his forehead. 

I remember sitting talking to my folks about him. "Aye, it's a shame he has all those spots on his foreskin". And I carried on talking, not realising the slip of the tongue I'd made. The wife was creasing herself as my folks were passing looks back and forth.

13 hours ago, supermik said:

Nice wee loyalty bonus for Raheem whilst at Man City. Wonder how much Chelsea offered him to tempt him there?

IMG_0152.jpeg

There is surely no chance footballers are PAYE. I mean fair play if they do pay their full tax liabilities but I think it's unlikely.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

There is surely no chance footballers are PAYE. I mean fair play if they do pay their full tax liabilities but I think it's unlikely.

They are under PAYE as they are employees.  

It seems he left his payslip in his car when it was in a garage.

Edited by hk blues

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

They are under PAYE as they are employees.  

Surely they could do something "more tax efficient" I'm not complaining I think it's good they don't or can't if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

They definitely should be. There will be some shady image rights payments still being made but payments from the club (as opposed to sponsors etc) should be PAYE. 

Just now, 101 said:

Surely they could do something "more tax efficient" I'm not complaining I think it's good they don't or can't if that's the case.

I guess they could have some alternative working arrangement but as so few do I assume it's fraught with issues. 

I vaguely remember some Scottish football club's players having issues with this.   

52 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I guess they could have some alternative working arrangement but as so few do I assume it's fraught with issues. 

I vaguely remember some Scottish football club's players having issues with this.   

Not a current club, though.

I managed to break my glasses last night. A pain which makes navigating through the next week difficult, but not the worst thing that could have happened. I’m wearing my sunglasses in the house.

Just opened my laptop and the screen on that has broken! No idea how that happened, must have bumped my bag or something. It will be an expensive month but I don’t know what to do with myself now. I’m pretty much housebound until I can see again.

Am I going to have to read a book? No, I’ll end up just spending even more time on my phone.

2 minutes ago, Smurph said:

I managed to break my glasses last night. A pain which makes navigating through the next week difficult, but not the worst thing that could have happened. I’m wearing my sunglasses in the house.

Just opened my laptop and the screen on that has broken! No idea how that happened, must have bumped my bag or something. It will be an expensive month but I don’t know what to do with myself now. I’m pretty much housebound until I can see again.

Am I going to have to read a book? No, I’ll end up just spending even more time on my phone.

Don’t have the previous set knocking around somewhere? Unless there was a massive prescription change, the last set is usually good enough for the time until a replacement set can be delivered.