Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

13 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

The 7:04 to Haymarket, if God had made cats the size of a brontosaurus.

Don't give Scotrail ideas

"The 8.15 from Aberdeen is delayed as it was attacked by Smudger near Carnoustie..." 

18 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

"Please buy my hoose. Here's a photo of Bedroom 2."

Screenshot2024-04-22at23-04-51WilloughbyRoadNorthShields3bedsemi-detachedhouseforsale-219950.thumb.png.a881b9661eb91fb9daf24b028b62499b.png

It’s a three bedroom hoose. There’s no photo at all of the third bedroom. Makes you wonder why…

My wife decided to attempt poaching an egg the other day. The instructions she looked up (bbc good food) started off with "make sure you strain your egg". She had the egg in a sieve. Has anyone ever heard of this tomfoolery before? In 30 years of poaching (on and off, sometimes professionally from five star hotels to brewer's fayres) i've never once heard of this nonsense. What the f**k man. Probably some foodie twat like nigel slater or that wee shoplifting guy making up stuff. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

My wife decided to attempt poaching an egg the other day. The instructions she looked up (bbc good food) started off with "make sure you strain your egg". She had the egg in a sieve. Has anyone ever heard of this tomfoolery before? In 30 years of poaching (on and off, sometimes professionally from five star hotels to brewer's fayres) i've never once heard of this nonsense. What the f**k man. Probably some foodie twat like nigel slater or that wee shoplifting guy making up stuff. 

I do it. Crack the egg into a wee sieve above a cup and it lets all the runny white away. Also makes dooking them into the pan much easier. And, once cooked, it gives you a much tidier egg. 

Of the entire world of possibilities out there, it seems my speciality is poaching eggs. If any PnBers are looking for any hints or tips, I’m here…

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

😂

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

^^^ eggy mess mess 

Mine can dirty every pot in the hoose poaching an egg ,and still have it inedible

52 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I do it. Crack the egg into a wee sieve above a cup and it lets all the runny white away. Also makes dooking them into the pan much easier. And, once cooked, it gives you a much tidier egg. 

Of the entire world of possibilities out there, it seems my speciality is poaching eggs. If any PnBers are looking for any hints or tips, I’m here…

So do you then poach the yolk and white seperate?

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

*sigh*

I'm too tired to Kenneth.

Spoiler

0bA-Ri.gif