Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Give us the highlights - they want all sorts of sign-up information before I can download it and I'm pretty sure that, given the subject matter, this will only add me to more watchlists.

Knock yourself out. Its not exactly Hunter S Thompson. 

bs_30416.pdf

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

The big Tescos in Ayr looks like a Mormon church.

I had a mate that was the engineering consultant for all these Tescos. 

He wasn't a Mormon

He might have been a Moron but he wasn't called Gordon. 

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I had a mate that was the engineering consultant for all these Tescos. 

He wasn't a Mormon

He might have been a Moron but he wasn't called Gordon. 

I hope he wasn't the one who was responsible for redesigning the RDC at Livi... and measured the width of a lorry, then multiplied it by the number of bays and didn't consider how the drivers were to get out while loading/unloading? That was some laugh! 

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

I hope he wasn't the one who was responsible for redesigning the RDC at Livi... and measured the width of a lorry, then multiplied it by the number of bays and didn't consider how the drivers were to get out while loading/unloading? That was some laugh! 

30 odd years ago Pittenweem got an ice plant for the fishing boats.

The architect borrowed a boat for an hour to take measurements for the delivery boom.

After construction, he borrowed another boat which promptly crashed into the boom.

The silly c**t took the first measurements at low tide.

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Bumped into quite a few sound guys in Munich today.

Despite the abject performance it kind of restored my faith in humanity.

I was in the supermarket this morning, the self scan check outs in The Netherlands have a system where they randomly select people and a shop assistant comes over and scans 5 items to make sure you're not stealing stuff, the guy doing the scanning was chatting to me in Dutch then turned and pointed to the display with Euros stickers and sticker albums, I replied "I'd rather not think about football after last night's disaster" told him I was Scottish, next thing the shop assistant and another big Dutch guy gave me a big bear hug, complimented my Dutch language skills and wished me all the best.

10 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

I was in the supermarket this morning, the self scan check outs in The Netherlands have a system where they randomly select people and a shop assistant comes over and scans 5 items to make sure you're not stealing stuff, the guy doing the scanning was chatting to me in Dutch then turned and pointed to the display with Euros stickers and sticker albums, I replied "I'd rather not think about football after last night's disaster" told him I was Scottish, next thing the shop assistant and another big Dutch guy gave me a big bear hug, complimented my Dutch language skills and wished me all the best.

They were probably doing a surreptitious body search looking for hidden booze! 

13 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Actually, today is one of those rare occasions when I'm glad to be where I am as nobody gives a f**k about football and I doubt any local even knows there is a major tournament going on.  Nothing on the tele about it thus far that I've seen. 

11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

You taken that fucking flag down yet?

Aye. It's going over Ryan Porteous' coffin.

I've found a magic free pizza seat at a restaurant in Edinburgh airport.

It's absolutely rammed with Scotland fans and tourists. I ordered a pepperoni pizza at the bar and the guy said it would be 20 minutes. When I got to my seat with my pint 2 minutes later there was a waiter holding a pepperoni pizza, so I claimed it.

15 minutes later, another waiter came over with a pepperoni pizza so I said thank you very much.

A waitress just came over with a 3rd. Well, it would be rude not to 😀