Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Shocking but sadly still the world we live in.

Yes, I agree, imagine being fill of such misogynyScreenshot_20240715_074010.thumb.jpg.9a5a1812f68afdf829acefcf828a89a4.jpg and hate

Screenshot_20240715_074010.jpg

Edited by sophia
typo

15 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

I used to study and work in Glasgow city centre up until 10 years ago and rarely visit now. Went today and while I appreciate TRNST is on, the whole of the city is a shit show. It’s dirtier and smellier than I have ever recalled and completely run down.

Is it just me that there has been a massive decline in the past decade or am I just noticing it now I’m not there often anymore? 

It’s been awful for at least ten years now.

Hi folks. Been off the forum for over a week due to having to deal with some "issues" when we got back from holiday.

So, there's been an election, some football and an assassination attempt on the Donald.

Have I missed anything else?

47 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Hi folks. Been off the forum for over a week due to having to deal with some "issues" when we got back from holiday.

So, there's been an election, some football and an assassination attempt on the Donald.

Have I missed anything else?

@Spaindefeated @Nigelat soccer.

20 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

I used to study and work in Glasgow city centre up until 10 years ago and rarely visit now. Went today and while I appreciate TRNST is on, the whole of the city is a shit show. It’s dirtier and smellier than I have ever recalled and completely run down.

Is it just me that there has been a massive decline in the past decade or am I just noticing it now I’m not there often anymore? 

There has been an acceleration in the decline of the city centre since lockdown.  The place was almost allowed to rot and they've never done anything about it.  Bits of the town are absolutely filthy now and things like collecting rubbish and sweeping the streets seem like they are optional for the departments involved.  Even the "nicer" parts are starting to get dragged down as well.  Buchanan Street is becoming a haven for shite buskers all competing with each other to see who can be the worst and loudest and religious fanatics bellowing into their wee speakers.

Plus you can add in the buildings that are being allowed to deteriorate to the point of needing demolished for "safety reasons" or that they become so wet that they magically spontaneously combust paving the way for yet another soulless hotel or student accommodation.

24 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

There has been an acceleration in the decline of the city centre since lockdown.  The place was almost allowed to rot and they've never done anything about it.  Bits of the town are absolutely filthy now and things like collecting rubbish and sweeping the streets seem like they are optional for the departments involved.  Even the "nicer" parts are starting to get dragged down as well.  Buchanan Street is becoming a haven for shite buskers all competing with each other to see who can be the worst and loudest and religious fanatics bellowing into their wee speakers.

I always find it odd that the religious fanatics never bother the beggars who could probably do with saving. 

Mrs. F_P has always been a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to flying and if her plane encounters even the mildest turbulence, she would become a terrified basket case.

In recent years she has been prescribed a wee pack of 4 Diazepams, which have been really good at keeping her calm during flights.

She is flying to South America (via Madrid) today and she went to her GP last week to get a script.

"We've stopped prescribing Diazepams for flyers as they make some people very aggressive," said Dr. Arsehole.

Get. To. F*ck. 😡

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Mrs. F_P has always been a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to flying and if her plane encounters even the mildest turbulence, she would become a terrified basket case.

In recent years she has been prescribed a wee pack of 4 Diazepams, which have been really good at keeping her calm during flights.

She is flying to South America (via Madrid) today and she went to her GP last week to get a script.

"We've stopped prescribing Diazepams for flyers as they make some people very aggressive," said Dr. Arsehole.

Get. To. F*ck. 😡

There's the proof 

55 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Diazepams

56 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Get. To. F*ck. 😡

Tell them she drinks heavily and can’t on the flight, so she wants them to combat withdrawal? Just being helpful.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Get. To. F*ck. 😡

At least she’s not going to attack the cabin staff and get the flight diverted to somewhere in France.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Get. To. F*ck. 😡

A quick Google says that's current NHS guidance, not just the rare aggression thing but increasing the chances of deep vein thrombosis and other stuff. Apparently you get still get a script from a private practice .though.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

A quick Google says that's current NHS guidance, not just the rare aggression thing but increasing the chances of deep vein thrombosis and other stuff. Apparently you get still get a script from a private practice .though.

You mean this is an intricate, Columbo-style plan on @Florentine_Pogen's behalf to bump off his missus? Fill her with diazepam and send her on endless flights.

11 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Female Andrew Tate jailed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cydvj6951dyo

Surprised @ICTChris hasn’t made a thread him yet tbh. 

Life's depressing enough without adding to it.  Tate is a strangely fascinating phenomenon, I imagine if/when he goes to trial a lot of interesting information will come out about him and his operation.  I think he is likely to turn out to be a male Ruja Ignatova, the OneCoin scammer.

Regarding this woman, the thing that jumps out about her is that her behaviour changed following taking ayahusca.  You can't fart on the internet without some podcast bro telling you that ayahusca or some other mushroom will change your life and give you amazing insights, should be used to treat mental illness but the evidence of their efficacy is not comprehensive, to say the least.  I would bet there are lots of people who have been negatively impacted by their experiences with these substances, although the woman in this story is probably a bad actor anyway.