Procycling thread

myshkin

Nothing between the top 2. The ITT may hold the key to this years win.

Pog tried sandbagging near the end, then is matched when he opened up the attack in the last km.

1st ever GT stage win for Wout Poels!👀

Edited by kiddy

59 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Nothing between the top 2. The ITT may hold the key to this years win.

Pog tried sandbagging near the end, then is matched when he opened up the attack in the last km.

1st ever GT stage win for Wout Poels!👀

Was surprised when I saw him struggling the other day as he was always one of the strongest domestiques for Sky and I think he's led teams in some minor races. Good to see him (and Kwiatkovski the other day) getting some big wins.

3 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Away from the TdF, in the least surprising turn of events this year, Lefevre has upset Remco who is now angling to leave and join, if rumours are to be believed, either Ineos or Israel PT

He's apparently signed until 2026, with no break clause. 

13 hours ago, kiddy said:

He's apparently signed until 2026, with no break clause. 

Yeah but there's almost certainly a way they can part. If rumours are true and Remco is on c€4m per year there's no way that Lefevre can carry that with an unhappy rider

Unbelievable, as Greg Lemond might say.

Considering Pogacar was 2nd , & topped WVA’s fastest time by 1.12. (staggering in itself) He himself was bested by 1.38. Vingegaard almost caught the guy 3rd in GC for 4 mins, over 22.4km!

From 3rd-8th was covered by 30 secs & 40 to 10th. Just let that sink in.

3rd on GC is now 8.52 back.

It harks back to the Giro, where Thomas finished 2nd in the ITT, only to ship 40 secs to Roglic, who had a mechanical, whilst pipping Almeida by 2 secs.

Whatever JV are doing, it seems more than marginal gains over the rest of the worlds best riders.

For some strange reason, I keep seeing Landis grinning fizzog, in my head!🤷‍♂️

It’s like the pic of Lewis looking over to Johnson, as if to say ‘WTF is he on? Cause it’s better than my stuff!’.

E41ECD58-FECF-4927-8F41-D780A054D1E4.webp

Edited by kiddy

Vingegaard is suspicious for sure.  Regardless of what 'assistance' he may or may not have had, it's disappointing for the race as a whole because barring something very odd he's already won it.

56 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Just take into account Pog’s time gap over Wout, was with a bike change included!No Way Disbelief GIF

But the point of the bike change was to go faster up the hill to more than offset the time taken to make the change.  Whether that worked is debatable.