Gigs

pilsner_ffc

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

Stupid money on stub hub swift tickets. But when I told my daughter it's worth the melted credit card in corner.

Been transferred to axs account so fingers crossed.

I've James tonight.

Saw them in Aberdeen on Monday - set leaned quite heavy on the new album for my liking, but they do tend to mix them up so your mileage may vary. Razorlight are still utterly forgettable landfill indie though.

4 hours ago, Scorge said:

Saw them in Aberdeen on Monday - set leaned quite heavy on the new album for my liking, but they do tend to mix them up so your mileage may vary. Razorlight are still utterly forgettable landfill indie though.

I arrived about 2/3rd into set and wasn't impressed

Agree with you newbstuff to introspective for that kind of crowd and didn't hold audience. Still I enjoyed it.

I love libe music but because I'm single and friends are couples I'd never just gone f**k it before. Was also my goal get there tonight after 3 tough months mental health wise.

45 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I arrived about 2/3rd into set and wasn't impressed

Agree with you newbstuff to introspective for that kind of crowd and didn't hold audience. Still I enjoyed it.

I love libe music but because I'm single and friends are couples I'd never just gone f**k it before. Was also my goal get there tonight after 3 tough months mental health wise.

Glad you decided to take the jump.and go solo. I love going to gigs on my own, one of life's great wee pleasures.

Anybody on here who either went to see Taylor Swift last night or has some local knowledge on what it’s like around Murrayfield this weekend? 

What was it like outside the stadium last night? My daughter is mad on Taylor Swift and I was thinking about coming a run through later for her to get some of the pre-gig atmosphere, the vain hope of trying to score tickets, etc. But not really worth it if the whole area is covered in security and you can’t get near the stadium.

18 minutes ago, Adamski said:

Anybody on here who either went to see Taylor Swift last night or has some local knowledge on what it’s like around Murrayfield this weekend? 

What was it like outside the stadium last night? My daughter is mad on Taylor Swift and I was thinking about coming a run through later for her to get some of the pre-gig atmosphere, the vain hope of trying to score tickets, etc. But not really worth it if the whole area is covered in security and you can’t get near the stadium.

Balgreen tram stop ( one after MurrayField heading to the airport) There's a path there all the way up to the stadium it was heaving with folk with no tickets all dancing etc 😉

17 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

My sister got one for Taylor when they released some tickets this morning. £60 to sit behind the stage and not be able to see anything. It's not my money I suppose.

My daughters were in that section and absolutely loved it. Said there were only four of the forty odd songs when they couldn't see her because she wasn't on the walkway.

2 hours ago, Adamski said:

I drove through while the gig was on to do the dad run. Parked up a side street across from the zoo no problem and walked to the fairly quiet Murrayfield Hotel bar, where I sat in the beer garden with a non alcoholic drink listening to the end of the show 🙂

Posted (edited)

I am not Taylor Swift fan, couple ok pop songs but I've never really followed her or liked her music. I won't be rushing onto Spotify now either. 

Setting that to one side, the show itself was good, didn't like fact band were hidden at sides but I enjoy watching the musicians as much as the main performer. 

However, watching my daughter was worth every penny. When Swift came onto stage the wee soul was totally overcome with emotion. Smiles, tears, singing. She's awaiting ASD diagnosis and she did say once we finally got in "that was really hard for me but it was amazing, I'll never forget it.

Some the outfits on the fans, young lassies I'd expect but there was older woman (lat 50/60) in our section in full 'folklore' get up 🙈

TL:DR, my daughter had one the best nights of her 11 years. 

Edited to add: fair play to anyone who can perform in little more.than their underware for 3 hours in Scotland. My feet and hands still freezing.

Edited by RH33

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

I am not Taylor Swift fan, couple ok pop songs but I've never really followed her or liked her music. I won't be rushing onto Spotify now either. 

Setting that to one side, the show itself was good, didn't like fact band were hidden at sides but I enjoy watching the musicians as much as the main performer. 

However, watching my daughter was worth every penny. When Swift came onto stage the wee soul was totally overcome with emotion. Smiles, tears, singing. She's awaiting ASD diagnosis and she did say once we finally got in "that was really hard for me but it was amazing, I'll never forget it.

Some the outfits on the fans, young lassies I'd expect but there was older woman (lat 50/60) in our section in full 'folklore' get up 🙈

TL:DR, my daughter had one the best nights of her 11 years. 

Edited to add: fair play to anyone who can perform in little more.than their underware for 3 hours in Scotland. My feet and hands still freezing.

45 Taylor  Swift songs sounds like a bit of a slog. 

I can't help thinking that I'm missing something completely with Taylor Swift but fair play to everyone involved.

I don't get this atmosphere trip for kids.

Sorry, hen/son, your family are too poor/lazy to have got tickets, but we can go and stand outside if you like. You can watch the merchandise sales as well.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You can watch the merchandise sales as well.

This is a triumph of swiftys social media team

"Hey queue for 4 hrs to buy a T-shirt for forty quid as you can't get a ticket to show your devotion"

Online delivered to your door same price 

6 hours ago, sparky88 said:

45 Taylor  Swift songs sounds like a bit of a slog. 

I can't help thinking that I'm missing something completely with Taylor Swift but fair play to everyone involved.

I'm not going to lie. It was 😂 but for me watching my daughter and sheer enjoyment and moments utter elation, singing along was great.

I said to her I'd been at James on Friday, what was she singing this am.......Sit Down. She hadn't even been at gig.

I was like you better start singing swift now or you getting chucked out 😂

Gary's Rainbow Shop at Inn Defence in Dumbarton this afternoon. Maybe Scotland's best kept secret. Great young band doing a fantastic modern take on classic rock. All four of them fantastic at their instrument, the singer has some set of pipes on him.

20240609_152348.jpg

Plum Vision, at Ottawa Tavern, Toledo Ohio.

I was put on to Big Girl's Blouse by a kind soul on this thread, which eventually got my 15 year old daughter into them. A few months ago, Spotify led her to a bunch of similar bands with fewer than 500 followers and fewer than 1,000 monthly listens and so she stumbled upon Plum Vision, an all-girl garage punk band from Boise, Idaho. I rather liked them too so when they announced a midwest tour with a stop around 120 miles from us, we were in. So last Wednesday night, I drove two hours to Toledo to a wee dive bar and maybe 50 other attendees. The band were awesome and afterwards, my kid made friends with them at the merch table. Seems they weren't used to people driving two hours to see them. Live music is fucking incredible, isn't it?

IMG_1953.JPG

5 hours ago, MSU said:

Plum Vision, at Ottawa Tavern, Toledo Ohio.

I was put on to Big Girl's Blouse by a kind soul on this thread, which eventually got my 15 year old daughter into them. A few months ago, Spotify led her to a bunch of similar bands with fewer than 500 followers and fewer than 1,000 monthly listens and so she stumbled upon Plum Vision, an all-girl garage punk band from Boise, Idaho. I rather liked them too so when they announced a midwest tour with a stop around 120 miles from us, we were in. So last Wednesday night, I drove two hours to Toledo to a wee dive bar and maybe 50 other attendees. The band were awesome and afterwards, my kid made friends with them at the merch table. Seems they weren't used to people driving two hours to see them. Live music is fucking incredible, isn't it?

IMG_1953.JPG

Absolutely brilliant stuff, I love reading this. I love going to see smaller bands, they're what keeps music alive.

Big Girl's Blouse have a new single put next week btw, keep an eye out for it!

On 08/06/2024 at 00:46, Craig fae the Vale said:

Glad you decided to take the jump.and go solo. I love going to gigs on my own, one of life's great wee pleasures.

Absolutely, so much so that I actually hate going with other people now 🤣

On 06/06/2024 at 10:32, David Fernández said:

Ratboys at the Rum Shack in Glasgow last night. Superb gig and enjoyable sets from support acts 'Former Champ' and 'Lande Hekt'. 

received_467021712394777.jpeg

I was at this gig! Totally agree about the support acts being really good. First time at the Rum Shack and have to say it is a fine venue.

On 07/06/2024 at 14:34, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I saw the Flaming Lips support Mercury Rev almost 25-years ago to the day (give or take a month). Mostly playing Soft Bulletin era stuff. That would be one I’d like to go back and see in my time machine.

Found this somewhat grouchy review of the occasion. His reservations about the venue are mainly fair, as my recollection is that after an initial burst of gigs once Potterrow had been extended (1998 ish) it was hardly ever used again for that purpose. 

I do remember it was a very small crowd, but I went to a lot of gigs then and I could very well be mixing this up with another night at Potterrow.

http://www.mmmm.eclipse.co.uk/live/MERCREVedinb.htm

I remember watching The Flaming Lips at the Bowlie Weekend just before they released "The Soft Bulletin" - what a gig. I saw them in Aberdeen supporting Mercury Rev, and again, they were amazing. Mercury Rev was horrendous, which wasn't helped by the fire alarm going off halfway through the gig, but I really liked their album "Deserter's Songs". I've got tickets for The Flaming Lips at the Usher Hall next May, celebrating 20 years of "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots".

On 06/06/2024 at 10:32, David Fernández said:

Ratboys at the Rum Shack in Glasgow last night. Superb gig and enjoyable sets from support acts 'Former Champ' and 'Lande Hekt'. 

received_467021712394777.jpeg

Was impressed with Former Champ when i watched them last year at a gig in Edinburgh. 

Edited by betting competition