Gigs

pilsner_ffc

There's Finch coming up on Wednesday, playing their stunning debut album in FULL, as well as b-sides and stuff from around that time.

Has to be good.

I'm looking forward to it, first time seeing Finch live. I'm looking forward to Mallory Knox and Fluorescent Hearts as well. I would even argue the latter has a touch of Savage Garden about it, who are one of my guilty pleasures. I bought FH's debut album and really enjoyed it.

Edited by Islay

I didn't realise they had two support bands. Knew about Mallory Knox, and I do quite like them from what I've heard. I'll give Fluorescent Hearts a listen and see if I want to turn up early.

EDIT: Oh, and as for a bit of Savage Garden...

Edited by DomDom

Johnny Marr at the ABC tonight.

^^^This

Fucking superb.

Wasn't that impressed by the album, however, the new album tracks were superb live. The Smiths tracks were awesome (particularly London for me), the Electronic songs were great and I Fought The Law was a massive bonus.

Just remembered I have the Gaslight Anthem on Sunday at the Academy. 3rd time I'll have seen them

So buzzing for it - missed out on tickets last time they were here and haven't seen them since they were in Edinburgh about 2 and a half years ago

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

Finch were incredible. As one of my favourite bands for 10 years, I never thought I'd get to see them live let alone performing their debut album in its entirety. Hearing Stay With Me, Ender and New Kid live is something I'll never forget. Amazing.

Well that was just tremendous!

Felt quite sorry for Fluorescent Hearts though, they must have played to about 60 unenthusiastic people!

Still, all three bands were tremendous. Finch just topped the evening off perfectly with an incredible set!

Ghost were immense tonight. Can't wait for them to tour with the new album!

Gojira were good, not as good as when I saw them in 2007 though. The other two bands were ok.

I actually got bored halfway through Ghost, find them to be enjoyable but very repetitive. On the other hand, I thought Gojira were bloody fantastic. Great value for a fiver!