Gigs

pilsner_ffc

So after attending Amy Macdonalds show in Aberdeen tonight somewhat reluctantly I have to say I was blown away. She is a great songwriter and her voice is fantastic. Maybe because I wasn't expecting much, but she was really, really good.

The Stranglers were fantastic on Saturday. On top form live and a great set list, it was superb to see them start the gig so strongly with Toiler, Goodbye Toulouse then Grip.

Saw them at The Garage in Aberdeen on Monday. It was a last minute thing as I'm kind of "it's not The Stranglers without Hugh Cornwell". However it was a great gig. Some tracks I hadn't heard in ages like, as you said, Toiler on the Sea but also English Towns, Down in the Sewer & Tank.

Baz Wilde's patter was good as well. "Whose car is that outside with all the Stranglers stuff on it? Yours sir? Nice one! You'll be pleased to know we've autographed it for you. Yes, it's amazing what you can do with a tin of spray paint & a screwdriver". :lol:

Three gigs tomorrow night in Glasgow all worth a mention. There’s My Bloody Valentine at the Barrowlands showcasing their first new album in over 20 years; Status Quo at the O2 Academy, the classic “Frantic Four” line-up playing Glasgow for the first time in over THIRTY years; and, sadly but boldly, the legendary Wilko Johnson at the ABC as he plays his farewell tour. To anyone going to any of these you should have a great time.

Me, I'll be at the Barras.

Aye. Thorn, Soon and You Made Me Realise were pretty special. I didn't care much for Wonder 2 though

Great gig overall, though Sueisfine was sorely missed.

My ears are ringing to f**k.

Aye it fell a bit flat after the Holocaust section. Made the mistake of chucking the earplugs off after a couple of minutes as my ears are still ringing. Well worth it though. Only Shallow, Soon and Only Tomorrow were my favourites on the night.

So after attending Amy Macdonalds show in Aberdeen tonight somewhat reluctantly I have to say I was blown away. She is a great songwriter and her voice is fantastic. Maybe because I wasn't expecting much, but she was really, really good.

Was also at above gig. Thought Amy was very good and played the crowd well also., My partner isn't that struck on the music but even she admitted the gig was superb. Have to say I also liked Ben Montague who has become a hit so far on Radio 2. Would definitely look out for another on Amy gigs in the future.

Edited by Judge

Bullet for my Valentine were awesome tonight. Great set list, with some old stuff I didn't expect to hear thrown in. Halestorm were surprisingly excellent. Missed the most of Miss May I as it took us till about 7:50 to pick up tickets and get in. Last few songs sounded decent.

Edited by IainMorton

Went to the Quo Frantic Four reunion on Sunday night - 'Don't Waste My Time' filmed by me, turned out pretty good. Brilliant gig.... that leaves me with tickets now for upcoming shows by Imagine Dragons, Paul Kelly, Rush, Elvis Costello, and Bruce Springsteen. 2013 is shaping up nicely.