Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Thought Biffy were absolutely class yesterday at the AECC.

I only know their mainstream stuff so didn't know a few songs but I loved every one. Great performers, fantastic visuals and good tunes.

One of the best gigs I have been to without knowing the band really well...very impressed!

Also: they made the Killers look distinctly average given their performance a few months back.

Edited by AberdeenHibee

the besnard lakes at stereo in may. Never been to stereo

Stereo is one of my favourite bars in Glasgow city centre, and downstairs is a decent wee live venue - I saw School of Seven Bells there last year. Hadn't realised Besnard Lakes were playing, but I might try to get a ticket. I've not heard any of this year's stuff yet, but ...Are The Roaring Night had some beautiful moments on it.

I'm off to see The House of Love at the Arches on Friday. No idea what to expect. I would love to have seen them in their brief heyday, but that was almost twenty-five years ago and I'm mentally preparing myself for the possibility of some sort of saggy tribute act.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Biffy Clyro need to drop the pre-Infinity Land stuff completely these days. They songs just don't fit in at all. "Justboy" sounded tiny compared to what surrounded it, and it does no justice at all to a brilliant song.

Thankfully the vast majority of the set comes from after that time frame, and it was a wonderful show. They seem to have a knack for putting on a proper show these days. "Skylight" was just out and out fucking creepy, "The Captain" brought the entire seating area to their feet, "Many of Horror" was an incredible anthem and not a trick they're likely to repeat again. "Bubbles" was just a ridiculous amount of fun. "Glitter and Trauma" and "Stingin' Belle" were probably the highlights of the night.

Stereo is one of my favourite bars in Glasgow city centre, and downstairs is a decent wee live venue - I saw School of Seven Bells there last year. Hadn't realised Besnard Lakes were playing, but I might try to get a ticket. I've not heard any of this year's stuff yet, but ...Are The Roaring Night had some beautiful moments on it.

I'm off to see The House of Love at the Arches on Friday. No idea what to expect. I would love to have seen them in their brief heyday, but that was almost twenty-five years ago and I'm mentally preparing myself for the possibility of some sort of saggy tribute act.

nice one mate. I'm no gambling man but are the roaring night won't be topped. The new one however is absolutely beautiful. It's whoozy and mesmerising and somehow sounds like a warm beach. They are such accomplished musicians and create the most amazing harmonious, layered up symphonies man it blows my mind. Aye the el comebacks are defo getting a fair airing the now. Been to a few hellish ones but a few crackers as well. It's pretty much the only outlet I have now as I'm trapped in the 90's forever. Glad stereo's a cracker. Buzzin' for it now

Was at Meat Loaf tonight @ SECC - big man's vocals ain't what they were at 65 but he still puts on a hell of a show.<br /><br />----<br /><br />Sent from my Sony Xperia T using Pie & Bovril mobile app<br /><br />

Lower Than Atlantis this Friday at Queen Margaret Uni Gardens. Is it easy enough to find?

I was just about to ask this! Never been before, how easy is it to get to QMU and what's it like as a venue? I've never been as you can probably tell.

Can't wait, LTA are one of my favourite live acts and one of my favourite bands.

Lower Than Atlantis this Friday at Queen Margaret Uni Gardens. Is it easy enough to find?

I was just about to ask this! Never been before, how easy is it to get to QMU and what's it like as a venue? I've never been as you can probably tell.

Can't wait, LTA are one of my favourite live acts and one of my favourite bands.

Must be a smaller gig I reckon which is good. I have never seen them live but I certainly look forward to doing so tomorrow!

QMU is easy to find, just up behind Ashton Lane - ideal for a little pre-gig indulgence.

Been a few years since I was last there but the venue itself was always fairly average. Large queues tended to form due to a daft rule that everyone must sign up as a temporary student to gain entry. Floor space wasn't great but the excellent balcony made up for that. Drink prices were pretty reasonable as I recall, as was the sound generally.

Ye its just a brief saunter up Ashton lane from byers road/hillhead subway. Or right of university avenue depending on which way your coming from. <br /><br /><br /><br />Last gig I went there was the view in 2010, just remember the stewards being arseholes who were scattered about actually inside the crowd, accosting anyone who dared bump into them<br /><br />