Gigs

pilsner_ffc

besnard lakes at stereo were sensational. Ten quid they played in front of about 40 folk in a toilet of a venue. Criminal stuff.

The work/exams/kids triumverate has conspired against me seeing them the last three times they've been here. Caught them at the Captain's Rest in 2010 though, fucking ace!

that pillar was a killer.The contrast of beauty from the music against a backdrop the equivalent of a barlinnie shiter was quirky at best and with a muse pre set tape I contemplated leaving. My faith in them was rewarded. Captian rest king tuts and now stereo. I wouldn't miss them on these shores

I have to disagree mate, I thought the first half of the set was a bit flat, apart from Subdivisions and Freewill, but the second half was great. I thought the last tour was vastly superior.

Hasving said that, Rush below par still blow away most bands I have ever seen.

Just got tickets to see the cribs in Dundee, never been to Fat Sams. What's it like?

Going up to Glasgow see a couple of local bands from Ayr tomorrow night playing flat 0/1 aswell.

ETA: If anyone is intrested this a song from one of the bands that are playing. The Tripps- " Who the f**k is mick jagger"

https://soundcloud.com/tripps2013/who-the-f-ck-is-mick-jagger

Edited by st jude

I have to disagree mate, I thought the first half of the set was a bit flat, apart from Subdivisions and Freewill, but the second half was great. I thought the last tour was vastly superior.

Hasving said that, Rush below par still blow away most bands I have ever seen

they never played freewill, there were some gems in the first half,analog kid, the pass,force ten, some songs i thought i would

never hear live again, the second half they were incredible, possibly the best sound ive ever heard in the secc.

Just got tickets to see the cribs in Dundee, never been to Fat Sams. What's it like?

I'm going to this gig as well. I've not heard any of their newer material but their first couple of albums were pretty decent and it's a Saturday night which is a bit off a bonus as well.

Only been to a Fatties gig once (Editors 2 or 3 years ago) but I thought it was decent and from what I remember the acoustics were quite good as well.

Also going to see The National in Belfast in November which i'm a little bit too excited about :)

Edited by Shengus Khan

My mates band Herculean are playing Sleazy's tonight for their EP launch, and are being supported by another one of my mates bands, Mechanical Smile. Should be a decent night.

Got a diverse bunch of gigs coming up. Half Man Half Biscuit at the ABC tonight, Stone Roses, Primal Scream etc next Saturday, then Masters of Reality at the Cathouse the Monday after that.

Saw Public Service Broadcasting at the ABC a few weeks ago - best thing I've been to in a long time. Well worth catching if they're in your area.

they never played freewill, there were some gems in the first half,analog kid, the pass,force ten, some songs i thought i would

never hear live again, the second half they were incredible, possibly the best sound ive ever heard in the secc.

Apologies, I meant Limelight. If only they had played Freewill?

Spot on about the second half though.

J5 was good, I first saw them in the Arches in I think 2001, that was my 5th time seeing them. Always a bit hard to really rock the place on a Monday but at parts it was really good. I had only just got back from Rockness so was treating it like day 4 of the festival, you forget how much gigs really stink. They've lost a bit of energy and didn't play some of my favourite older tunes but was still a very enjoyable gig.

By all accounts they rocked the Parklife festival over the weekend.