Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The 10 minute solo thing at the end of Walk Like A Giant was bordering on ridiculous to be honest, until it was pointed out to me he was probably just having a bit of a break, Fair play to him.

Looking back, it's incredible that a man that age can still put a performance like that. Outstanding stuff.

I think loads of people round me were just expecting songs from Harvest. Some of the older ladies in particular looked a bit bemused at times.

When I saw him last summer, that one chord stomp went on for 15 minutes. "Some parts are for me, some parts are for you", Neil said before ploughing into Like A Hurricane.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

What happened?

I was maybe going to go. Maybe.

The official reason given was that Fred has sustained "nagging sprained back muscles" and has been ordered to rest for two days. I'm not usually one to be cynical with these things, but when you consider the gig fell on the same night as The Stone Roses, almost certainly having a negative impact on ticket sales, and there are no plans to cancel their appearance at Download the very next day...personally, I'm not hugely bothered, as while I'm sure the gig would have been enjoyable for the nostalgia aspect it's not like they're one of my favourite bands, but it's a real kick in the teeth for fans who have paid for non-refundable transport and accommodation for the gig.

Booked to see The Damned at ABC Glasgow and They Might be Giants in Edinburgh. Seen The Damned a few times and loved them, really looking forward to seeing They Might Be Giants live. Been a fan for a while but never caught them live.

Jimmy Eat World are hitting the Academy on September 9th. Could be good.

EDIT: Just seen that 30 Seconds to Mars will be at the Hydro on the 19th of November. That could be a belter.

Edited by DomDom

I've noticed that most tickets for popular gigs seem to go on sale a week before my payday. Not sure why they don't go on sale the last week of the month seeing as that's typically most peoples payday.

What capacity's the Hydro going to be? I had it in my head that it would be a venue bigger than the SECC but I don't imagine that Jimmy Eat World and Queens would even sell out the SECC.

Bought tickets for Electric Frog in August which Boys Noize is headlining and another for Deerhunter in October at the Arches.

Jimmy Eat World are hitting the Academy on September 9th.

Bought tickets for this earlier today. Perfect timing as I fly off on holiday from Glasgow the next morning :D

I last saw them 11 years ago at the Barrowlands on the Bleed American tour which was a belting show. Not heard much of their last couple of albums but hopefully they'll play a few tunes from Clarity and the aforementioned Bleed American.

Going to see Nile Rodgers in Edinburgh on Friday. :thumsup2

Not strictly a gig, its "an audience with" featuring music, stories from his autobiography. and visual art. His life story is fascinating and he's a great teller of tales, so all in all it should be an interesting evening. :)