Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Journey at the Edinburgh Playhouse on the 4th June :D:D:D

Can't wait; they never did well over here cos they're American rock and at the start of the 80s here it was shit like Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet that were popular; folk don't know what they missed B)

Never thought I'd get to see them live as I was born in 87' and they tend to only tour the US so this is a once-in-a-lifetimer :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd breathe fresh life into an old thread with spring upon us and a stack of good concerts/festivals coming up. :)

Went to see The Subways last night. The guitarist/lead singer fella ran through the whole gamut of rock'n'roll cliches (swearing a lot, continually namechecking the city he was in, diving into the crowd, playing his guitar on top of the drum stage etc etc) and his burd/bass player cant sing for toffee but you cant deny their brand of cheery pop-punk fair puts a smile on your face :)

On another positive note, was my first gig post-smoking ban and what a difference it made. Although there were certain aspects of our nanny state that werent so good last night - I wasnt allowed to buy 2 pints unless my mate was standing with me at the bar as it was an over-14s gig and so in theory I could be giving a beer to a kid. WTF?! :o:angry:

Gigs coming up: Kubb (girlfs choice :blink: ), Morrissey, NME New Music Tour and Editors :)

The Mozmeister in Stirling April 23rd :D

Belle & Sebastian, The Concretes and various others at the Tramway, Glasgow when I'd rather be at the Barrowlands to see The Aphex Twin April 30

The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Glasgow ABC 23rd May

Guilliemots, Liquid Rooms Edinburgh 26th May

The Frank and Walters tonight and The Blue Aeroplanes tomorrow night, both at King Tut’s, Moz at Dundee on 25 April, the Wickerman Festival on 21-22 July, and Radiohead at Meadowbank on 22 August. Might also go and see The Buzzcocks in Perth on 27 May.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tim-Robino

Blitzhoney gig at G2, get yourselves along let it be known that you're from P&B and we'll see about some discounted tickets for you all. Ask for Rob, Baz, Larry Or Kulli.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Excellent band. Should be a good night :)

Next gig for me is the Futureheads at The Carling Academy. I think it's at the end of May. Should be good :)

Hopefully, and i say it rather apprehensively, i'll be able to get free tickets to see Morrissey in Dundee next week. A mate of a mate says that he has some connections with folk at the Caird Hall so hopefully he'll be able to blag me a couple. He's also a reknowned bullshitter (<_<) so i'll prepare for the worst

The Mozmeister in Stirling April 23rd :D

Belle & Sebastian, The Concretes and various others at the Tramway, Glasgow when I'd rather be at the Barrowlands to see The Aphex Twin April 30

The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Glasgow ABC 23rd May

Only ever seen.heard them on D!G, what are they like now?Anton Newcombe seemed a bit of a nut.

Went to see the Kaisers at the Garage last night, not bad though strange to enter that place sober for the first (and last) time :lol:

Supposed to be going to see Kubb on Monday but got a heavy sesh lined up for Sunday night so will probably give the gig a miss.

After that the Moz a week on Thursday (my Moz debut!), NME New Music Tour (hope the Automatic play Revolve :ph34r::P) then the Editors B)

Just wish I could magic up some TITP tickets from somewhere :(