Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Well I would ditch the concert and take out a wee bitch from one of your courses and try and touch her right breast in the back of the Odeon.

Make sure you buy her a bag of Minstrels first, just to sweeten her up.

I have just sniggered out loud after reading that in my work and now feel like a total tool with everyone looking at me. Cheers. :blink:

So am I :o

How far away is Glenrothes from anywhere good? It's an hour on the train to Edinburgh I know.

Best to get a train that stops at Markinch and get a taxi from there, that's the cheapest option.

And btw, I've been to Peterheid and Dundee so for you two to call a whole region a sh*thole is f'in rich considering the state of both your manky towns. :P

And btw, I've been to Peterheid and Dundee so for you two to call a whole region a sh*thole is f'in rich considering the state of both your manky towns. :P

You fail to take into account, young Ladyfan (we've met by the way, not by username though - you were impressed by my knowledge of the East Fife team) that I lived in Fife for my formative years - first in Glenrothes, then Thornton :P Never lived in Peterheid, so up yi! :P

What have I started? :blink::lol::lol::lol:

P & Bs first gay romance by the looks of things ;)

You fail to take into account, young Ladyfan (we've met by the way, not by username though - you were impressed by my knowledge of the East Fife team) that I lived in Fife for my formative years - first in Glenrothes, then Thornton :P Never lived in Peterheid, so up yi! :P

Yeah cos Kemnay is so much better then Fishtown :rolleyes:;)

I'm going to the NME show at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange on the 28th. It's going to be fantastic. Maximo Park, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists and Mystery Jets. Can't ask for much more than that :D

Anybody else going?

Going tae this in Glasgow on the 27th. Should be good, except for some uninvited company who I'll be trying my best to lose on the night. :)

Ah, I ken who you are and many thanks for calling me young!

I shall not enter into an argument with you coz you called me young! :thumsup2

Edited by Ladyfan

Bizarre if ultimately sensational scenes at the Ok Go gig tonight.

Power cut at King Tuts meant the gig was off so the band got three stools, sat outside and did a short acoustic gig and then a funny as hell dance routine on the pavement to their new single. :)

I've loved them for a few years now and theyve gone up even further in my estimations after that tonight :thumsup2

• 1 month later...

I was at King Tuts on Monday night to see Louis XIV. They were the dogz bawz, best gig i've been to in a long time. They basically sang every song off the album, 'All the best little secrets are kept', a couple of older songs off their first album and two new songs that they claimed to have just written which sounded outstanding.

If you get a chance to see them live then take it, i reckon this band are going to hit it pretty big across here this year!

Desparate to get a ticket for the Wedding Present at the ABC Sauchiehall Street. Don't have a credit card so can't buy one on line and will have to go there in person! I know it's not until June but I haven't been to a gig for ages, they're one of my favourite bands and it's on the day before my birthday! :)

I was at King Tuts on Monday night to see Louis XIV. They were the dogz bawz, best gig i've been to in a long time. They basically sang every song off the album, 'All the best little secrets are kept', a couple of older songs off their first album and two new songs that they claimed to have just written which sounded outstanding.

If you get a chance to see them live then take it, i reckon this band are going to hit it pretty big across here this year!

Saw them at the Art School before Christmas supporting the Rakes. Couldn't get tickets for this one though as they were sold out weeks ago. :( Damn fine band, the album's beautifully filthy and they're good live. :D

I've got The Young Knives, The Organ and Yeah Yeah Yeahs coming up. Have recently seen Isobel Campbell, Forward Russia, The Chalets and Be Your Own Pet.

Saw them at the Art School before Christmas supporting the Rakes. Couldn't get tickets for this one though as they were sold out weeks ago. :( Damn fine band, the album's beautifully filthy and they're good live. :D

I've got The Young Knives, The Organ and Yeah Yeah Yeahs coming up. Have recently seen Isobel Campbell, Forward Russia, The Chalets and Be Your Own Pet.

I was just lucky that i have their website in my favourites spotted the tour dates the day they were anounced, I already had 5 tickets bought before i'd checked if any of my mates wanted to go. :lol:

Good gigs, BB. Any chance of any reviews?! And is Isobel Campbell as fit as she appears in various photos I've seen?! :)

I've got Kooks, Subways, Morrissey and Ok Go coming up in the next few months. Sadly not enough of my mates are into new music and have not reached the stage where I'll go to a gig myself :unsure:

Would be interested to hear Spanky's reviews of Automatic (if its been yet) and last night's Crimea gig too B)

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Would be interested to hear Spanky's reviews of Automatic (if its been yet) and last night's Crimea gig too B)

Unfortunately i never went to see them supermac :( . I went out on the sat nite and got so shit faced that there was no way that i was going to risk driving through to see them on the sunday. Bloody annoyed with myself. I've only heard a few of their songs but all of them have been excellent. I believe that they played on the Friday Night Project and i did hear them on Zane Lowe's show last week.

Never went to the Crimea gig either. That was on friday but after hearing a couple more of their songs i wasn't that fussed about seeing them.

I'm hoping to see Jose Gonzales next month and i thinks thats it as far as i'm aware for my gig going in the near future :(