1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Judging by daytime TV, I'd be using Carol Vorderman and The Lovely Debbie McGee to get my hands on that luscious Boomer cash.

I’ve not seen the tv ad but I have seen the newspaper version. Who do you think came up with that moniker? Her? Her agent? The company she advertises for? (So memorable that I cannot for the life of me remember what they sell but I instantly recognise the ridiculous tagline). Or has she always been known as such and I’m just being whooshed? 

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I’ve not seen the tv ad but I have seen the newspaper version. Who do you think came up with that moniker? Her? Her agent? The company she advertises for? (So memorable that I cannot for the life of me remember what they sell but I instantly recognise the ridiculous tagline). Or has she always been known as such and I’m just being whooshed? 

Purely down to how she was announced to the audience by Paul Daniels when she was his 'glamorous assistant' back in the day.  Tbf, he was an odd looking wee fella so she probably was lovely and glamorous to him.

The old question put to her by Mrs Merton (Caroline Aherne) of "And what first attracted you to the millionaire, Paul Daniels " was a great quip.

Huh, I never knew that.

Always fun looking up the origins of samples. For years before discovering the internet, I wondered where Brutal Truth's "I hope you make sure we're properly dead before you start!" came from.

Spoiler

Edited by BFTD
moar video!

On 20/10/2023 at 20:16, invergowrie arab said:

It still blows my mind = I'm desperate to tell people I know something but have had no opportunity to bring it up in context 

ha yeah. Samples or dialogue in songs have to come from a source - often obscure or forgotten movies or throw away lines in relatively well known movies. Why does it blow your mind to find it comes from an unspectacular but fairly decent movie that is rarely referenced 20 years on? 

"Mind blowing" to shortly become the new "can't breathe"....

Edited by KingRocketman II

There is a fair chance that the story has at least been embellished, but if you are heavily intoxicated and have just found out that you have given anonymous oral to your father, you probably aren't going to be thinking too logically about your immediate next steps. 

Edited by DrewDon