I've been trying to think up a clever pun relating "star spangled banner" to this collapse (for those who dinna ken who Francis Scott Key was he wrote the national anthem) but I can't think of anything good.

Help would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

I've been trying to think up a clever pun relating "star spangled banner" to this collapse (for those who dinna ken who Francis Scott Key was he wrote the national anthem) but I can't think of anything good.

Oh say can you see, by the dawn’s early light, well no the captain didn’t. 

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Covering up criminal activity on a boat by instigating an investigation into the boat is an interesting tack.

How did all these dead prostitutes get here?

Well, as we approached the bridge I could see a group of women walking across. They looked like they might be attempting mass suicide, so I steered a bit closer and accidentally hit it. Unfortunately the prozzies fell on to the boat when the bridge collapsed, killing them all outright, their clothes must've came off during the fall.

Can I go now?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 hours ago, AUcal said:

True. Made for great viewing on The Wire though.

Never been able to get into The Wire, but I'm tempted to give it another shot. I've spent some time in Baltimore though and it's a class city, some night out too. Never seen anything like what was depicted in the show, but I suppose I also wasn't slinging/buying heroin in the projects.

58 minutes ago, velo army said:

Steel Mangled Container?

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Oh say can you see...

...who the f**k put that there?

44 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Never been able to get into The Wire, but I'm tempted to give it another shot. I've spent some time in Baltimore though and it's a class city, some night out too. Never seen anything like what was depicted in the show, but I suppose I also wasn't slinging/buying heroin in the projects.

It's probably one of my favourite shows, just loved it.

Yeah a friend of mine has some family that stay around Baltimore who have said that while the impoverished areas are probably among some of the worst in the country, those areas are quite isolated away from the areas of the city that anyone else would chose to explore - I guess that's all part of a cycle of an area becoming further  impoverished. I have heard that Baltimore itself is a very nice city, may need to visit one day.

I think the show probably served as way to show a more overall picture of the struggles in inner city American cities, as opposed to it being solely a representative of 1 city that had been struggling.

Seasons 3/4 of The Wire are probably the best of the series, if you haven't seen that far in yet.

Edited by AUcal

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

It's probably one of my favourite shows, just loved it.

Yeah a friend of mine has some family that stay around Baltimore who have said that while the impoverished areas are probably among some of the worst in the country, those areas are quite isolated away from the areas of the city that anyone else would chose to explore - I guess that's all part of a cycle of an area becoming further  impoverished. I have heard that Baltimore itself is a very nice city, may need to visit one day.

I think the show probably served as way to show a more overall picture of the struggles in inner city American cities, as opposed to it being solely a representative of 1 city that had been struggling.

Seasons 3/4 of The Wire are probably the best of the series, if you haven't seen that far in yet.

Aye there are some outrageously weathy suburbs, but even in the city itself you're fine as long as you don't do anything daft. The closer you are to the water the nicer it tends to be, generally speaking.

Great scran, some fantastic pubs, interesting museums and a lot of history, at least by American standards. I'll be there again later on this year.

I've never made it beyond the second series but it's probably about time I correct that, especially if you're saying it gets even better.

30 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Of course they are. People don't understand that Spongebob is actually a documentary

Aw naw, I went and deleted that and stuck it in a different thread so I've wrecked your reply a bit, sorry. What I get for my indecision.

On 26/03/2024 at 18:23, velo army said:

On 26/03/2024 at 18:28, Rugster said:

Oh say can you see, by the dawn’s early light, well no the captain didn’t. 

On 26/03/2024 at 19:22, greendot said:

Steel Mangled Container?

The Steel Mangled Spanner

"And the funnel's black smoke, engine giving no poke,

Turning right just a smidge, might demolish that bridge,

O say does that steel mangled spanner still stand ?,

O'er the land of the gun, and fast food so bland."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

So is this Sydney Sweeney lassie just the new Christina Hendricks?

It's amusing how society stops to remember the existence of big tits every now and then, as though there aren't websites and periodicals dedicated to such things (according to a mate).