Unpopular opinions.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Worth bumping this in the light of the ‘controversy’ about Greggs vegan sausage roll.

Have to admit though that it actually feels like the vegans haven’t really said much about this, but rather there’s masses of utterly seething meat eaters who are incredibly passionate about something that has absolutely no impact on their lives. Very odd.

Have to admit though that it actually feels like the vegans haven’t really said much about this, but rather there’s masses of utterly seething meat eaters who are incredibly passionate about something that has absolutely no impact on their lives. Very odd.

This can be applied to almost all discussions on the internet.

Greggs seem to have put all the good bakeries out of business. Certainly in the Edinburgh area (apart from Storries which is too far for me to walk to for a lunchtime pie). Which proves that the public are cnuts with no taste. 

30 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Greggs seem to have put all the good bakeries out of business. Certainly in the Edinburgh area (apart from Storries which is too far for me to walk to for a lunchtime pie). Which proves that the public are cnuts with no taste. 

Life is shit.

luckily theres no chance of the established bakeries in forfar going out of business.

i had no idea greggs had a vegan sausage roll but im sure it will be an improvement on their sausage rolls as they are shit. always have been. whilst im on it all greggs bakery products are shit

Apart from the doughnuts. Their doughnuts are great.

We were talking about this on Saturday - in Dunfermline we have Stephen's (of Steak bridie fame) and Bayne's (who do better rolls IMO) and then you have Stuart's of Buckhaven and Fisher & Donaldson further up the coast. But my fellow Pars fan lives in Edinburgh where, unless he can get to the Co-Op that sells Stephen's rolls before they sell out in the morning, he's gubbed for a decent baker. It's Gregg's all the way and other than perhaps their yum-yums there isn't a product I'd willingly pay money for from their range. Although I might try their vegan sausage roll just out of curiosity.

The Hobbit book is quality. The films are pretty dire but then there's no way you could get 3 decent films from the book. 2 was pushing it but 3 really took the piss.
Harry Potter sucks bag
Coming from someone who hasn't even read the books. You're posing.

40 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
On 01/01/2019 at 22:45, DA Baracus said:
The Hobbit book is quality. The films are pretty dire but then there's no way you could get 3 decent films from the book. 2 was pushing it but 3 really took the piss.
Harry Potter sucks bag

Coming from someone who hasn't even read the books. You're posing.

I've seen and heard enough to have an opinion. I'm not going to wade through however many trillions of books to justify it to you.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We were talking about this on Saturday - in Dunfermline we have Stephen's (of Steak bridie fame) and Bayne's (who do better rolls IMO) and then you have Stuart's of Buckhaven and Fisher & Donaldson further up the coast. But my fellow Pars fan lives in Edinburgh where, unless he can get to the Co-Op that sells Stephen's rolls before they sell out in the morning, he's gubbed for a decent baker. It's Gregg's all the way and other than perhaps their yum-yums there isn't a product I'd willingly pay money for from their range. Although I might try their vegan sausage roll just out of curiosity.

Where I stay in Edinburgh has multiple independent (or smaller chains that aren’t Greggs) bakeries. Don’t think your pal is looking too hard.

Where I stay in Edinburgh has multiple independent (or smaller chains that aren’t Greggs) bakeries. Don’t think your pal is looking too hard.
Somewhere central I'm guessing since his local Co-Op is the one on Shandwick Place. I know there used to be an all-night place on Slateford Road but I think that's a goner now?