Unpopular opinions.

18 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I could understand the NIMBY moaning about wind turbines if they were getting installed in areas of natural beauty but they're getting planked up in areas that have been deforested and used for sheep/cattle grazing for centuries. Hardly the same as throwing a few up on the islands of Loch Lomond or up the side of Ben Nevis

Recently there was a company looking to put some up in fields/hills just outside of New Cumnock, estimating they’d bring £4m into the local economy through jobs and outsiders coming in to do the initial works. A place on the bones of its arse offered a golden chance for improvement.

The local people and council voted against it. 

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Recently there was a company looking to put some up in fields/hills just outside of New Cumnock, estimating they’d bring £4m into the local economy through jobs and outsiders coming in to do the initial works. A place on the bones of its arse offered a golden chance for improvement.

The people who vote and go on the council are old c***s who keep quoting your signature but don't give a f**k about their grandchildren's jobs or global warming so long as their retirements aren't disturbed by stuff going on a mile away.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

New Cumnock is an area natural beauty, a wilderness if you will. I say beautiful, I mean post apocalyptic waste ground.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The people who vote and go on the council are old c***s who keep quoting your signature but don't give a f**k about their grandchildren's jobs or global warming so long as their retirements aren't disturbed by stuff going on a mile away.

I haven’t been on P&B on the laptop for at least a few years so I can’t actually remember what my signature is. Other than than completely agree.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I recently watched the Austin Powers films.

They are still very amusing. The first is obviously the best (by far) with Goldmember being the least amusing.

I prefer The Spy Who Shagged Me, probably because it was the first one I watched, and in a cinema of children who reacted like it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. Plus, Heather Graham.

Goldmember felt like they put together half of a decent script (the Hollywood opening, Michael Caine, the stuff with the subtitles, etc), then gave up and decided to pad it out with extended references to the others. Oh, and Goldmember was a shit character. And Beyonce's no Shagwell.

On 29/11/2018 at 11:20, pj_puttz said:

Explanation required.

It's a good, solid Fallout  in terms of gameplay - although it has become a wee bit glitchy of late - but the main thing for me is that the nature of it is how I think the premise of Fallout was always intended, an MMO. If I'm honest, I had no plans to play it at all and only ordered it because I was pished and an acca came in. I tried to cancel it when I sobered up but it was too late, gave it a bash and wandered out into the wasteland with no idea what I was doing and bumped into random strangers who were really sound and helped me out. The experience was what I imagine is as close to actually being in a post-nuclear apocalypse and coming out of a vault as can be for a game.

It doesn't punish the player for going solo if that's what you want to do, it's still good fun playing on your own but is also rewarding if you team up, be it with randoms or pals - unlike other MMOs where you're absolutely Friar Tucked alone. A surprisingly good online community and lack of dickheads too, the vast majority would rather help out than be wankers. Was very pleasantly surprised because it certainly didn't look like anything special in the trailers. If you like Fallout you'll like it, seems Bethesda have learned their lessons from Elder Scrolls Online. Would recommend.