Unpopular opinions.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Only fools and horses
Dad Army
Porridge
Fawlty towers

All gash, and if there are others of the era/genre I have missed, they are gash too.

All of them.

I agree.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

In America? You can have literally whatever you want. I've had an excellent seafood platter at 4am, followed by a tremendous strawberry pavlova-looking thing, just because I was awake and I could. No wonder half of the population makes me look svelte.

Square sausage and black pudding are great and all, but it's kinda difficult to remember to miss them when you could have a three-course meal for buttons, especially if you're too cheap to pay the serving staff.

I always tipped the servers 20%. It's not their fault that they find themselves part of such a shite system. 

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I always tipped the servers 20%. It's not their fault that they find themselves part of such a shite system. 

They're essentially reliant on charity from the general public in order to make ends meet. But that's how some folk like it.

Especially egregious when their employer keeps the tips and tells the staff to keep quiet about where the money goes. A lot like Wetherspoon here.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Only fools and horses
Dad Army
Porridge
Fawlty towers

All gash, and if there are others of the era/genre I have missed, they are gash too.

All of them.

Fawlty towers was overrated,  dads army was ok but the other two, come on to f....

33 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fawlty towers was overrated,  dads army was ok but the other two, come on to f....

Well just to conveniently commit further to the bit, OFAH is the worst of the lot and is absolute AIDS tv. Fucking shite and I find it cringy its held in such regard. 

The best sitcom of all time is Friends.
It’s not even close.
I'm not one of these who hates Friends (some folk love to slate it) and I really enjoy it, but it isn't even the best laughter track sitcom: that goes to Father Ted.

My favourite sitcoms are laughter track free as it takes a lot more thought to get a genuine laugh A laughter track can cover for poor comedic writing really well. Watch the clip attached. No laughter track makes it a very different show entirely. Friends is easy viewing and the LT ensures you get a good few giggles but even objectively speaking it's nowhere near the best sitcom of all time.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not one of these who hates Friends (some folk love to slate it) and I really enjoy it, but it isn't even the best laughter track sitcom: that goes to Father Ted.

My favourite sitcoms are laughter track free as it takes a lot more thought to get a genuine laugh A laughter track can cover for poor comedic writing really well. Watch the clip attached. No laughter track makes it a very different show entirely. Friends is easy viewing and the LT ensures you get a good few giggles but even objectively speaking it's nowhere near the best sitcom of all time.

It’s weird with the pauses for the fake laughter.

Father Ted is good. It’d probably be strange with no canned laughter as well.

It’s weird with the pauses for the fake laughter.
Father Ted is good. It’d probably be strange with no canned laughter as well.
The pauses are indeed weird but even without that pause a lot of it isn't even remotely funny, yet the majority of people who enjoy the show will have laughed all throughout that scene (myself included). Comedy is subjective and sometimes it's good to watch some braindead sitcoms but for me the best sitcoms are without laughter tracks as they rely on real comedy and not easy laughs. When you see shite like Citizen Khan and Miranda taking primetime slots, you see the power of the laughter track!

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

This isn’t right. Friends was shot in front of an audience. It wasn’t a laugh track sitcom. This video has either been dubbed to remove the frequency of the audience ir it was a “cliffhanger” episode that was shot in a studio. 

This isn’t right. Friends was shot in front of an audience. It wasn’t a laugh track sitcom. This video has either been dubbed to remove the frequency of the audience ir it was a “cliffhanger” episode that was shot in a studio. 
It was indeed filmed in front of a live studio audience for the most part. My point still stands though. You can find a similar video with it removed from The Big Bang Theory.