Unpopular opinions.

Das boot, few dollars more and the thing are classic movies and pinnacles of their genres. 
If people want to watch frozen or any stuff like that then go for it, no harm done.

some people like films with no depth and robots and explosions and shit, personally I prefer 70s and 80s films where directors had to rely more on acting and building a story rather than effects. This boomer shit is nonsense because some of the most popular superhero films were darker versions like Batman series and joker. Depends on the mood, quite enjoyed the Thor film on a few weeks back but it was about as deep as a puddle.

26 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
32 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:
Is holding onto things from childhood a particularly millennial thing? There are plenty of boomers out there who still love the cowboy films they grew up with, or gen Xers who still obsess over star wars. 

And both are fucking shite.

See the source image

Think this film is 2nd in the boomer Male list.

To assist the youngsters:

Theres this superhero dude called Spartacus who, like, thinks he's fighting the Evil Empire of The Bosche in this, like, dystopian world. Or some shit.

Then he realizes that the evil wizards who run his home planet are bad guys too. Can civilisation, like, survive?

Theres also explosions and cool uniforms. Dudes get shot and you see everything!

20200824_202452.jpg

I do slightly agree with the trackies thing tbf. Was chatting to some friends while working from home and was surprised to discover that the majority only wear trackies round the house and would consider jeans "going out clothes". Several expressed amazement that I tend to wear jeans every day. 

I haven’t had jeans (or indeed any long trousers) on since April. Not sure how I’m going to feel about cloth covering my lower legs again.

It would be lovely if all boomer/ millenial chat could f**k off back to the twitter. 
Its typical of social media. Everything is divisive and there's no middle ground.
All boomers are mad racist torys and all millennials are workshy entitled snowflakes.

27 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Its typical of social media. Everything is divisive and there's no middle ground.
All boomers are mad racist torys and all millennials are workshy entitled snowflakes.

Agreed. Let's all shake hands and be pals.

And remember we have a common enemy: selfish p***ks who park incorrectly!! (Might have got my threads mixed up there, but the point stands).

17 hours ago, 101 said:

Surely not foreign films if they are from his country of birth? or in his own language? Some films will from other countries are done on shoe string budgets because they dont have the same range of audience  but they get some interesting stories across, I forget the name of the film but its on the slaves building the Qatar world cup stadiums its in about 10 languages and is excellent. 

I was joking about him liking French foreign movies!  

I have started a fair few foreign movies on Netflix but I really cannot get into them.  Where I am they have the extremely irritating habit of mixing English and Tagalog in the same sentence - quite bizarre and off-putting.  I suppose that's why they claim they are bi-lingual! 

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Das boot, few dollars more and the thing are classic movies and pinnacles of their genres. 
If people want to watch frozen or any stuff like that then go for it, no harm done.

some people like films with no depth and robots and explosions and shit, personally I prefer 70s and 80s films where directors had to rely more on acting and building a story rather than effects. This boomer shit is nonsense because some of the most popular superhero films were darker versions like Batman series and joker. Depends on the mood, quite enjoyed the Thor film on a few weeks back but it was about as deep as a puddle.

I am not even going to look at said lists as I will properly lose my shit.

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Star Wars crosses the Boomer, Millennial divide in that it was as shite in the 70s as it is today.

Right you, Ruel St attendance is    required, bring whoever thought Jarjar Binks was a good idea.

On the computer game thing. I used to work with a guy (mid 30’s) who would spend his spare time at work watching YouTube videos, of people playing computer games. I find this truly strange. Same guy was in to “mine craft”, which I’m led to believe is basically Lego for the computer. He has his own YouTube channel with a ridiculous amount of followers, and actually earns a decent wee bit cash off it. One of the other boys at work found his channel once, and it’s videos of him sitting with his headphones on, building stuff that people request. Fair play for making a bit of cash out of it, but I just find it all strange.

Being a scouser, he also pretends to support Liverpool but can tell he’s not really interested in football. More bizarre, he’s into MMA and Thai boxing which I believe he’s fairly good at. Strange combination of hobbies.

41 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

On the computer game thing. I used to work with a guy (mid 30’s) who would spend his spare time at work watching YouTube videos, of people playing computer games. I find this truly strange. Same guy was in to “mine craft”, which I’m led to believe is basically Lego for the computer. He has his own YouTube channel with a ridiculous amount of followers, and actually earns a decent wee bit cash off it. One of the other boys at work found his channel once, and it’s videos of him sitting with his headphones on, building stuff that people request. Fair play for making a bit of cash out of it, but I just find it all strange.

Being a scouser, he also pretends to support Liverpool but can tell he’s not really interested in football. More bizarre, he’s into MMA and Thai boxing which I believe he’s fairly good at. Strange combination of hobbies.

As a father with a son who loves Minecraft he kept hounding me to go 2 players with him even though watching him playing it made no sense to me. After about 5 minutes I got the hang of it and found it quite enjoyable. There's a couple of Youtube people he watches that basically sit and play Minecraft and I've caught myself watching it along with him thinking 'we could try and build that' 😆

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Agree 100%. The idea of being forced into watching someone play a computer game sounds like a fitting punishment for Hitler, never mind something a sane person would choose to do.

6 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Minecrafts graphics are shite that's all I know or care to know about it. Oh and the guy who invented it is alt right.

Poor lad. Graphics aren't so important to enjoy a game and infact it's better if they don't pretend to be something they are not. 

I've never played Minecraft BTW, but I reckon I'd love it if I was in my childhood right now. I was busy pretending Actua Soccer was lifelike and people ran about in 45 degree angles.