Unpopular opinions.

1 minute ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i know the difference between mental health & mental illness, but i'm tired of reading about ''effecting my mental health''  i know old folk who are alone, parents who's kid is in hospital with cancer, adults with cancer, stroke & heart issues, all while this Covid shite is making those thing even more difficult, yet somebody that can't get down the gym or play football on a saturday, we've to feel some empathy for them ? Here's a phrase for the 90's ''Man the f**k up!!'' shower of greetin faced twats, and easily more than 50% of them are lying b*****ds.

People can't be affected because other people have been affected worse? 

Sorry i defended you. 

Mental health and mental illness are serious issues and I'm sure the lockdown/Covid restrictions exacerbate that for some people but it seems to be the new go-to line for the anti-lockdown, anti-mask, herd immunity advocates.  If we kept everything people say need to be open because closing them is detrimental to their mental health, nothing would be shut and Covid would run riot even more than it is now.

Edited by Highland Capital

I don't doubt there's some cynical use of the mental health stuff out there, particularly business owners who claim the big reason they want to open up is for the sake of their customers mental health. It's ok to want to make money, guys.

However, Gus has made a bad point appallingly and compounded with it a clear dismissal of it for anyone who doesn't have some sort of terminal condition.

Edited by Dons_1988

People can't be affected because other people have been affected worse? 
Sorry i defended you. 
An opinion that might be unpopular with you personally....

From the tone of his first post, you absolutely should have known the second one was coming.

Here's a phrase from the 90s that I like to say to anyone suffering mental health problems. - You know when you've been tango'd!

I always like to tell someone who’s having a hard time “hi I’m Johnny Knoxville and welcome to Jackass”

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

An opinion that might be unpopular with you personally....

From the tone of his first post, you absolutely should have known the second one was coming.

Probably. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Probably shouldn't. 

2 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

Here's a phrase for them from the 90's ''Man the f**k up!!'' shower of greetin faced twats, and easily more than 50% of them are lying b*****ds.

What about the 50% who are telling the truth? 

"Man the f**k up!!" is possibly the worst thing you could say to them.

The lockdown has left me fed up, crabbit and a bit worried about the future of my employment. It hasn’t affected my mental health , to describe the things I mentioned above as mental health issues is incredibly trivialising to actual mental health, in the same way that everycunt has “social anxiety “ now insteas of just being shy / lacking in confidence

However if we had an ultra strict enforced lockdown like spain or china (which i thought were inhumane) where you were not allowed out for exercise and only to the shops once a week then that would absolutely f**k my mental health. I need out for fresh air and a bit exercise or i get seriously restless

The lockdown has left me fed up, crabbit and a bit worried about the future of my employment. It hasn’t affected my mental health , to describe the things I mentioned above as mental health issues is incredibly trivialising to actual mental health, in the same way that everycunt has “social anxiety “ now insteas of just being shy / lacking in confidence

However if we had an ultra strict enforced lockdown like spain or china (which i thought were inhumane) where you were not allowed out for exercise and only to the shops once a week then that would absolutely f**k my mental health. I need out for fresh air and a bit exercise or i get seriously restless
I think the term you're describing is your mental wellbeing - and it's incredibly important.

I could be wrong here but mental health is more relating to whether you have fine mental health or a mental illness of some sort (diagnosed or not).

But mental wellbeing is something we all need to take more seriously.

I think the term you're describing is your mental wellbeing - and it's incredibly important.

I could be wrong here but mental health is more relating to whether you have fine mental health or a mental illness of some sort (diagnosed or not).

But mental wellbeing is something we all need to take more seriously.
Mental health and wellbeing are one in the same really. It's generally about your thoughts and in particular your mood. Mental Illness is just that, a diagnosed illness.

MH and wellbeing are indeed really important and folk should open up more about how they are feeling to people they are close to. But sadly we still live in a society where idiotic views like "man the f**k up" are commonplace.