Unpopular opinions.

It's no just the lassies. Even the men on these reality programs now look like they all have a foam rubber heid. They're aw plasticy like Ken dolls.

There's nothing wrong with being well groomed, on the contrary, I much prefer it to the number of total scruffy messes you see kicking about, but it's clear the hairlines are artificial, there's a lot of surgery going on, and the teeth are whiter than the whitest possible whites that washing powder companies were making adverts about in the 90's. 

I know exactly what you mean about 'uncanny valley' vibes from the lassies, because I get it, and I get it even worse looking at some of the blokes. They all look like Max Headroom, or the masks in Primus' "Winonas big brown beaver" video.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

This thought popped into my head after having a look at the instagram of that Glasgow beautician that's been going viral with her saying she'll keep working through restrictions etc.

And let me preface what follows with aye I'm a massive hypocrite and absolutely wid if it came to it.

Lassies these days. The type who are into Love Island and all that. While I can appreciate they go to a lot of effort with their looks, going to the gym, clothes, makeup and all the rest of it, there's just something... off.. about it all. They all look like they're pretty girls and yet they slap on makeup with a brickie's trowel as if they're going on RuPaul's drag race, they wear these paint on clothes from Boohoo and Asos made by south Asian immigrants for illegal poverty wages in Leicester, scary numbers of them going to Turkey for cosmetic surgery, taking diet pills with god knows what in them that they bought off the internet. It's all a bit much, gives me that uncanny valley feeling. They're supposed to look sexy but they've gone too far with it all and it's triggering a fight or flight response.

ETA: this sort of thing:

image.png.f2d5ec6c30d964037201faedb6c87417.png

Has she been sparring with Tyson Fury?

19 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I was going to mention that it was my daughters I was referring to, but decided against it. Foolishly.

20200629_114559.jpg.7633af1b60d32eea0630458844f3dae4.jpg.2f21cf677f1236cd0d9c6000aa54a06e.jpg

"You look like a clown wi aw that make-up on your face. Hae some class for God sake."

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

My take is that late capitalism or whatever you want to blame for the societal malaise means there’s no unifying projects, intellectual tradition, or meaningful careers for people to devote themselves to so they turn inwards and just hit the gym and preen themselves to look as superficially perfect as possible.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

My take is that late capitalism or whatever you want to blame for the societal malaise means there’s no unifying projects, intellectual tradition, or meaningful careers for people to devote themselves to so they turn inwards and just hit the gym and preen themselves to look as superficially perfect as possible.

Thanks, Karl.

karl marx deal with it GIF by Amy

Maybe you are all just old and are going through the inevitable "these kids today!" change.  What do you think your parents thought of ravers or mums and dads in the late 70s and early 80s thought of punks and new romantics?

Social media, filtering and camera effects etc allowed people to create versions of themselves on line. They are now trying to recreate these looks in real life and incorporating other adjustments they've seen others make. 

We have a directory at work and you're supposed to add a picture, there are clear instructions, despite this there are still photos uploaded that look like they were taken for "insta".

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Social media, filtering and camera effects etc allowed people to create versions of themselves on line. They are now trying to recreate these looks in real life and incorporating other adjustments they've seen others make. 

We have a directory at work and you're supposed to add a picture, there are clear instructions, despite this there are still photos uploaded that look like they were taken for "insta".

Can you even contour?

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You say that as a man with a very candid DP on Pie and Bovril almost as if the Sarge knew insta was coming.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Sergeant Wilson

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKjf2x4TnIwDwF-f3U19N

Some people did upload characters etc, that got binned quickly. We've got wedding photos, up mountains, on the beach, in night clubs etc. There's a few with contouring, black and white filtering with added shimmer...

Just stand against the wall and take a phoatie of your heid!

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Maybe you are all just old and are going through the inevitable "these kids today!" change.  What do you think your parents thought of ravers or mums and dads in the late 70s and early 80s thought of punks and new romantics?

I call it the 'Top of the Pops' test. So called, because when I was about 14 I distinctly remember overhearing my parents watching the aforementioned program, and commenting along the lines of 'if that was my daughter she wouldnae get oot the hoose dressed like that". I swore that the day I said similar I'd officially consider myself an auld fogey.

Sad to report, I failed my own 'Top of the Pops' test long before the program itself ceased to be broadcast.

A look is one thing but cramming their faces with lip filler, Botox and implants is something entirely different to dressing up like a goth.

It's actually disgusting seeing young lassies who have absolutely nothing wrong with their faces absolutely destroying it with plastic surgery. This was discussed the other day and I'll say it again, Jesy Nelson is the latest one who has went from a pretty lassie to something from a horror film. How bad is she going to look when her skin actually starts to sag? Frankie Bridges was on tele the other night as well and I hardly recognised her. Absolutely stunning before she put that shit in her face.

And I've said this numerous times but I have yet to see someone with lip filler who doesn't look worse off for doing it.

I just can't get my head around how girls think plastic surgery improves their looks.