Unpopular opinions.

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The Ukulele has been ruined for me by folk who decide to post Youtube videos of themselves performing either their favourite top 40 covers or some mince song they wrote (using only two chords) on a Ukulele. 

I'd like to believe that nobody on here actually likes those twee hipster ukulele covers. One of humanity's lowest points was surely that period where every bank was using them in their advertising, only to stop when they realised their customers had all died of shame by association.

4 hours ago, BTFD said:

I'd like to believe that nobody on here actually likes those twee hipster ukulele covers. One of humanity's lowest points was surely that period where every bank was using them in their advertising, only to stop when they realised their customers had all died of shame by association.

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole fucking aces Over the Rainbow.

• 2 weeks later...

The vast, vast majority of acoustic covers are massively inferior to the original. A very prominent example is Johnny Cash's version of 'Hurt'. The original by NIN is far, far superior.

Talking of Johnny Cash; I'm not a fan. I don't like country music so I don't like Johnny Cash.

Also: Foo Fighters > Nirvana

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The vast, vast majority of acoustic covers are massively inferior to the original. A very prominent example is Johnny Cash's version of 'Hurt'. The original by NIN is far, far superior.

Talking of Johnny Cash; I'm not a fan. I don't like country music so I don't like Johnny Cash.

That last statement just seems egregious and unnecessary!

However, I've wondered before about how much Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic contributed to Nirvana. People had just decided Kurt Cobain was a songwriting guru even before he died; presumably the others had more input than that.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I haven't liked country music since I had a nightmare.

I was one of triplets born of Dolly Parton, I was the one on the bottle.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You, sir, are a philistine! Even Trent Reznor agrees that with that cover of Hurt, Cash literally made the song his own.

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

Cheeseburgers are better with cheese slices or a light cheese. 

Sharp cheddar ruins the meat flavour.

Totally with you here. I choose cheese slices for a burger because IMO its the best thing for the job. 

57 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Sharp cheddar ruins the meat flavour.

Corr….er, found out that the sharper the cheddar the less well it melts too. Probably why that crap called American cheese slices is so popular for that job, “processed cheese food”. 

Just now, scottsdad said:

Try your burgers with cream cheese instead. 

Trust me on this one. 

Away and get fucked. Blue cheese yes. Cream cheese? On the same register as the mushroom lover and mango pizza man. 

12 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Try your burgers with cream cheese instead. 

Trust me on this one. 

Yeah, you're wifes car hasn't broken down, she's just realised she's married to a total weirdo.