Unpopular opinions.

19 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I got Heineken (doesn't say zero just alcohol free) and Bavaria today to try. I shall report back.

Haven't tried one for years because they were all revolting, apart from Aussie Swan lager who did a low alcohol version that was ok. Haven't seen it for a while. 0.9%.

1856L.jpg

Edited by welshbairn

22 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I got Heineken (doesn't say zero just alcohol free) and Bavaria today to try. I shall report back.

Don't get your hopes up. It's not some taste sensation that will change your life but as these things go they're alright IMO.

I'm not a big drinker and I find most peoples drinking habits questionable, for example when people are going on holiday and post a pic of their drink in the airport at 8am with the caption "holiday begins here" they just sound desperate to justify their alcohol intake.

I find most alcohol unappetizing though, prefer reefer myself but each to their own.

Cyclists are normally bearable but theres something about the arrogance of cyclists who use main roads at rush hour traffic and hold up a dozen cars to do so that really winds me up. Go all in and cycle at 7 in the morning or just f**k off to a velodrome

Recognised Free Bird off a movie I’m sure but don’t know which one! Doesn’t put me up or down if I’m honest.
its on Forrest Gump when Wendy is wasted on smack in tge hotel room and contemplating jumping off the balcony.

4 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
On 31/07/2018 at 13:43, throbber said:

Recognised Free Bird off a movie I’m sure but don’t know which one! Doesn’t put me up or down if I’m honest.

its on Forrest Gump when Wendy is wasted on smack in tge hotel room and contemplating jumping off the balcony.

7c5318240aa972cbed22e75126f69f75.gif

You obviously haven't figured it out but I'm happy to assist. Its about freedom of choice within the culture in this country which has its social life revolving around alcohol consumption.
To drink or not to drink that is the question.

But no one had said that. So you just felt the need to make the point regardless of whether anyone had said or inferred it?

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Did someone have to?

Sometimes someone can say something which reminds you of something else which might or might not be connected with a topic being discussed, it happens often while people are having a spoken word conversation or here on an open forum where a number of related topics come up within a thread on a particular subject. Sometimes this can lead to a conversation on the new topic, sometimes not. Sometime people just do random shit.

Image result for random stuff

Why do I even need to explain this to you?

Get your fucking hair cut hippy.

funny-guinea-pig-punk.jpg

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Don't get your hopes up. It's not some taste sensation that will change your life but as these things go they're alright IMO.

Heineken not too bad actually. Definitely the best non alcoholic I've tried so far. 

16 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

All alcohol tastes shite emoji1.png what unadulterated pish.

I don’t drink any spirits anymore because they taste shit. A cold beer or a nice wine are some of the finest things you can taste.

Just because you don’t like it yourself it doesn’t make you a moral authority on what does or doesn’t taste good.

It does.  Every alcoholic drink tastes shite, no exceptions.

It does.  Every alcoholic drink tastes shite, no exceptions.
Yeah. The whisky industry have successfully tricked millions of people around the world into parting with billions of pounds of their money, to drink something that they dont actually like to drink because it tastes shite.

Restaurants hore sommeliers to advise people on what wine tastes the least shit and will ruin their meal the least.

What a fucking gimp

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah. The whisky industry have successfully tricked millions of people around the world into parting with billions of pounds of their money, to drink something that they dont actually like to drink because it tastes shite.

Restaurants hore sommeliers to advise people on what wine tastes the least shit and will ruin their meal the least.

What a fucking gimp

Correct, it's marketing and hubris combined.  Nobody has ever genuinely took a drink of whisky and thought aye that tastes great.  It tastes like floor cleaner, you have to kill some of your taste buds to even make it palatable, same with all alcohol.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I typed in Intense Nicholas Cage and then found driving and clicked to discover someone had made a 10hr video of Nicolas Cage in a Ferrari in an intense car chase. ''Don't ask me why I do the things I do, I merely do'' claims the Youtuber which in itself is a fine tribute to the World's Greatest Actor Nicolas Cage, release the Cage....

edit - seriously I could only cope with about 3 minutes of this such as the intensity of the performance.

I'm now intrigued by the revelations on his method acting and I might just watch some of his films over again with a different eye than previously

He displays that his uselessness as a driver almost matches his uselessness as an actor in the first and only loop I could bare watching. Has he ever learnt mirror, signal, maneuver?  Can he pretend ever to portray another character other than himself? I think not.