Unpopular opinions.

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Shut up mosher 

edit: there’s lots of classic and good heavy metal like the bands I’ve stated, iron maiden motley crew but I’m on about the stuff from 90s onwards where it’s just noise and shouting. It’s utter shite.

As sweeping generalisations go, that's a pretty big one.  

Each to their own, as far as music tastes go. I think there are good and bad, in most genres of music.

I'm a metal head from 80s onwards. Motley Crew are brutal.  Cant beat a bit of Slayer though. Pearl Jam are an outstanding band from the 90s

2 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

As sweeping generalisations go, that's a pretty big one.  

Each to their own, as far as music tastes go. I think there are good and bad, in most genres of music.

I'm a metal head from 80s onwards. Motley Crew are brutal.  Cant beat a bit of Slayer though. Pearl Jam are an outstanding band from the 90s

I mean stuff like this

Is it even heavy metal, dunno?

Pearljam, nirvana etc is that not grunge? 

How can anyone like stuff like the YouTube tune? Is it just tying to play stuff to annoy people or be edgy?

Its probably the only type of music that I can’t see why people would like it, usually it’s a bunch of red neck Americans.

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

While I like and still listen to several of the things in here (Hard-Fi, Kaiser Chiefs, the Zutons, Maxïmo Park, Franz Ferdinand) and while some got nowhere near the acclaim they deserved at the time (The Automatic), I have to object to the inclusion of So Here We Are by Bloc Party in this list which is miles, miles better than anything else there and a band who were individually and collectively more accomplished than everyone else there combined. 

They really were incredible. Some of my all time favourite gigs were Bloc Party, my favourite band growing up.

Personally I can't be bothered with rap but there seems to be different genres to it- hip hop, grime, garage, gangsta which will be as different as Bix Beiderbecke is to Miles Davis.

Edited by tamthebam
Predictive text taking the Bix..

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I mean stuff like this

How can anyone like stuff like the YouTube tune? Is it just tying to play stuff to annoy people or be edgy?

Its probably the only type of music that I can’t see why people would like it, usually it’s a bunch of red neck Americans.

No, it isn't.

31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I mean stuff like this

Nah it isn't, massive in europe, central and northern especially. 

Edited by Spring Onion

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

It's a bit daft to say obviously talented entertainers such as The Beatles and Ed Sheerin were/ are rubbish. They quite obviously weren't/ aren't. 

Music is subjective to taste. I can't stand AC/DC, or any kind of heavy metal stuff for instance.

Your interstellar quests live on in metal legends tho Angus...

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

You can usually judge if someone’s going to be sound or not by if they like the UK Office.

You are right.  The UK office was sort of ok but majorly overhyped and Ricky Gervais was promoted way above his competence and isn't  even as funny as Ronni Ancona.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are right.  The UK office was sort of ok but majorly overhyped and Ricky Gervais was promoted way above his competence and isn't  even as funny as Ronni Ancona.

Thank you so much for proving my point! It’s a fairly flawless test you can apply to life.

One of the least sound members of the forum doesn’t like The Office. Quelle surprise. 

3 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

I can't stand AC/DC, or any kind of heavy metal stuff for instance.

w**k.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Cant see the attraction to any of the heavy metal stuff where the singer is just noise. Quite like sabbath, guns and roses and some Metallica but the majority of it is just soulless crap liked by brain dead rednecks.

w**k.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Take yourself to f**k.

You could say that sort of arrogant, condescending pish about any type of music.

Good guy!

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Shut up mosher 

edit: there’s lots of classic and good heavy metal like the bands I’ve stated, iron maiden motley crew but I’m on about the stuff from 90s onwards where it’s just noise and shouting. It’s utter shite.

w**k.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I always thought the majority of metal fans were actually quite nerdy

A few are but they’d still kick your c**t in.

2 hours ago, Father Ted said:

I’m a metal head from 80s onwards. Motley Crew are brutal.  Cant beat a bit of Slayer though. Pearl Jam are an outstanding band from the 90s

Yer auld Da’ Ted kens the fucking score! Good guy!

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant accept your post due to Ed Sheerans inclusion. 

My unpopular opinion would be that when Ed Sheeran first came on the scene he was good and pretty refreshing for the 'singer/songwriter' genre. Songs like A-team and others on that album are not bad at all.

His popularity became such that he's been sucked into just churning out generic shite song after shite song that I now can't stand him. 

20 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I love the US office to be honest but it's simply not comparable. It's a good American sitcom and Steve Carell is one of the best comedy actors out there. It is not the all encompassing piece of work that the UK Office is.

Can't agree with that - the UK Office is 12 episodes and doesn't have time to develop the background characters, so they remain one-dimensional caricatures. Fair enough, we've all worked with them and recognise them, but in my experience people are rarely just one thing.

I'd also say (as I think I did earlier) that The UK Office is too bitter and realistic to be funny, other than in individual moments and in a kind-of smile-through-the-pain way. Much of working life is excruciating shit and I don't find it entertaining to be reminded of it.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Cant see the attraction to any of the heavy metal stuff where the singer is just noise. Quite like sabbath, guns and roses and some Metallica but the majority of it is just soulless crap liked by brain dead rednecks.

This has got three red dots so far.

Surely this thread is the one place where you shouldn't be red-dotted for your opinion? Isn't it the point of the thread? If you didn't dislike most of the opinions here they wouldn't be unpopular.

My unpopular opinion would be that when Ed Sheeran first came on the scene he was good and pretty refreshing for the 'singer/songwriter' genre. Songs like A-team and others on that album are not bad at all.
His popularity became such that he's been sucked into just churning out generic shite song after shite song that I now can't stand him. 
I will agree with you on that. Despite his early stuff not being to my taste either, you could call him a respectable singer songwriter. His popularity levels though were still incomprehensible to me, and now in his Hollywood phase, his music is unbelievably bad.